Large Scale Central

Track Sweeper

Hi — I’m Mike. Although I’m new to LSC I’ve been involved with large scale trains since 1995. I wasn’t sure where to raise this topic but since I did want to BUY a track sweeper, I thought here would seem to be the place to start. To make a long story short, I have a fairly large garden railway layout and I’ve finally decided that I would really like to use a track sweeper to clean off track debris rather than going around with a blower before I play trains. I found a good article on Greg Elmassian’s site and a referal e-mail address to Bill Wilcox who apparently makes them. I have tried e-mailing Bill twice over the past week with no response. Can anyone please advise me if Bill is still making sweepers or any new contact method to get in touch with him. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Can’t help you with what you are after but I can say Welcome aboard Mike!

Mike

I have just purchased my 2nd Rail Broom from Bill (a wider one) and had several email exchanges with him over the last week. Its a great product.

Greg does not always keep his www site up to date and Bill has used several email address over the years. Try [email protected]

Stan

He may be on vacation, and I know he does not do email then.

Just wait another week, and if you still don’t hear back from him, email me (my email is below).

I just purchased 2 more units from him recently, he is still in the business.

Regards, Greg

Hey Rooster, Stan and Greg — Glad to be aboard. And many thanks for the info on Bill. From what I’ve seen on Youtube and Greg’s site, it looks it’ll work perfect for what I need. I’ll try the e-mail address Stan gave me, and if no answer, I’ll wait a week — It’ll be worth it. Again, thanks to all and have a great 4th!! Mike

I have that email address too Stan, thanks for the “dig”… I was not sure that Bill wanted that one made public… so I have a habit of asking first. I also have another way to contact him that I know is not meant to be public.

Greg

Hey Stan and Greg — Thanks bunches. Got a hold of Bill and “badda bing badda boom” my Rail Broom is here and being installed in its new car. It should be able to be test run tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Just fyi I have run mine for many years over 12v with no damage, but keep the motor bearings lubed.

It will knock errant ballast that is over the ties out of the way.

Greg