Large Scale Central

RLD Open House, Day 1 and Day 2

Day one. I took my 3 dash 9’s.

Day two I took my Chessie S40-2, CSX SD40-2, Seaboard System Sd45 and Chessie GP40. I was immediately having coupler issues with the csx, so I pulled it off. I ran for about 10 minutes or so and the front motor block gave out on the Chessie. That left the SD45 and GP40 to try and pull over 40 cars…they couldn’t. So, I pulled about half of the cars off and ran for a bit with those two engines.

Nice Vid’s, Matt… Thanks for posting…

That is some serious train running there and what a collection.

I really like the custom troops tribute paint on the auto carrier.

Todd, it sure was! We all had some pretty long trains running. The yard fills up fast and you have to wait to a while to load a train on the layout, but it is a fun time!

That autorack belongs to Rick Allen. He had Rick Dakota Kempf pain it for him. Here is the painters facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Dakotasrailroadshop/

Great video’s Matt ! Was fun to watch . They even break down like the real thing .

Thanks Mike! They sure do. It had been acting up for quite a while. It was a matter of time before it gave up. I guess pulling a 40+ car train in the heat was it. hahahaha. I’ve heard rumor that USA Trains is going to make the sd40-2 again and it should be available by the end of the year. If that’s true, I should be able to get a couple motor blocks.