Large Scale Central

From OZ...Lucky Bugger

From OZ…Lucky Bugger

You can say that again!

Lucky Bugger.............

Joe, I have watched that video numerous times and have come to one conclusion. Those gates are rediculous!

From the start of the gate dropping to trapping the truck between is in the order of 5 seconds. Way too fast in my opinion. The truck should have drive through the second gate, I sure would have. Secondly, from the start of the drop of the gates until the truck was cut in half by the train was in the order of 20 seconds, or 15 seconds after the truck was trapped.

Someone needs to rethink the gate timing.

Or the whole thing was staged. I didn’t see any debris from trailer contents, and in all the wrecks in the US that have seen on Youtube, I have NEVER seen a cab so conveniently just slip off the tractor chassis. And the driver just steps out of the cab like nothing happened.

Just my take …

The truck was driving on the right hand side of the road. So where ever that was filmed, it certainly was not in OZ (Australia), or Japan.

Australia certainly does not have any “Bullet” trains.

My guess is, it was China or somewhere in Europe.

Tony,

I did not think of that. I was lead to believe it was Australian on YouTube. It did not click in my mind that you blokes drive on the left side of the road and you drive from the right side of the vehicle. Sorry, I can’t edit the title.

Either way, those gates drop way too fast.

I think he is wondering where to get some new shorts!

Those gates are breakaway for a reason. That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that it was staged, and the “film,” was edited.

Cool to watch, though.

I’m with you Steve, the whole thing looks staged to me.

But your right it is fun to watch

David Maynard said:

Either way, those gates drop way too fast.

I think the whole thing was speeded-up - perhaps 2x.