Large Scale Central

Picture Posting Tutorial

Seems for the new guys it can be very frustrating trying to post pictures. I hope this helps. I know I had a heck of a time. First and foremost your pictures need to be stored on the internet and have a web address. This can be anywhere on the web, but Bob has been nice enough to have two spots in which members can store photos. They are albums or in your own freight shed. Bob gives members free space in the freight shed up to a certain amount and then as a paying member you can have more. Paid membership isn’t much for what you get and once you realize how much crap Bob puts up with to bring us this site it’s worth it, consider purchasing a shed. I am not going to go into how to store them in either location; I will assume you can figure it out and if not ask and I or someone will help you. Note: size pictures to a reasonable size that’s shows what your wanting to show but aren’t huge.

Now once loaded into the freight shed or album we can proceed. I will start with Firefox since that is what I use. From the main screen, or from the forum screen to which you would like to post to right click on the albums tab or freight shed tab and then click “open in new tab”.

From the Albums Screen click “My Albums”, click on the album they are stored in, click the picture and then right click on the picture and click “copy image location”.

From freight shed click on the picture you want, then right click on “copy image location”. It will look different but same procedure as above.

Once that is done return to the other tab where you are wanting to post your pictures. Now go to the reply or post new topic and then look for the little mountain thing. Click it and then in the next box paste the URL. When you’re done it should pop up full size in the reply window.

That’s it for Firefox. I will do one for IE also. Mac users your on your own. I have noticed on my phone when I go to reply there is no tool bar with the little mountain thing so I am not sure how to do it from my phone.

For Internet Explorer the only difference is capturing the URL. Once you have the picture open in a new tab left click in the address bar highlighting the URL then right click bringing up the menu and then click copy. Then take that and post it the same way as above.

I have been doing all my posting with my phone, so that may be why it seemed so cryptic! Haven’t browsed the web from a pc in a long time.
There ought to be a way to access the right click options from a phone.
Looks like I’ll have to start transfering my photos over to my pc.

The biggest thing with the phone that I have noticed is the missing tool bar. So there is no little picture icon (there are no icons at all). So if thats what you have been doing then I understand totally why you were scratching your head.

I have a MacBook Pro laptop which seems to act the same way as you are describing the iPhone issue of no ability of accessing the right click options. I have many pictures that I have been trying to post with no success. As Devon mentioned earlier I guess us Mac users are on our own. But I would think that there should be a way for it to work.

On a Mac, control-click is generally a substitute for the right click on a PC.

Thanks, Bob I will give it a try.

Bob, it worked. On my MacBook Pro control-click did perform like the right click on a PC.

Devon, thanks for this tutorial. By control-clicking either the albums or freight shed tabs the options screen does appear. I will try to post some pics as soon as I get a chance. Your “step by step” is awesome.

My pleasure. If you only knew what I went through to do it, what is seemingly easy. So If I can pass it along then great. Joe was the one who walked me through it.