Large Scale Central

Challenger night run

My MTH Challenger with UP cars. Not real dark yet, but the lights in the cars show up well. I put on Gary Raymond ball bearing pickups. Much better than the plunger type and roll great and no flickering of lights. Be sure to take a flashlight out with you if you plan on night runs, got dark real fast. Glad my iPhone has that flashlight.

Will try to embed a video.

Looking good Jerry! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Looking good Jerry. Are those the passenger cars you made? I’m still tinkering with getting the “melt” right.

I like to run in the evenings and last night it was pitch black just after 7! In the Summer I’m out there until 8:30. Soon enough trains won’t be running after 4:30 due to the darkness. I do really enjoy seeing the loco headlight shining off the rails as it approaches.

I made the dome for the car from a USA dome I cut down, but all the cars are MTH cars. I did make some UP cars for my old FA units, still run it sometime, but they are 1/29, MTH is 1/32, which is the direction I am going in.