Large Scale Central

Greenberg show

Last weekend, July 11 and 12, both HO clubs, that I belong to, set up at the Greenberg show in Monroeville Pa. Its really nice when both clubs set up, because it gives us a lot of track to run on. The South Hills Model Railroad Club has an oval, whereas the NMRA Division 2 club has a balloon track (reverse loop) and a Wye. By hooking the 2 set ups together I can go round and round the south hills set up, or take the Wye and run out and back on the NMRA set up.

I even ran my Tyco train, just to torque off the rivet counters. Unfortunatly I cant run that train on the NMRA tracks, the Mantua Pacific derails in their curves.

Looks like a great time David. I have that same pacific and Baby Ruth car. The Baby Ruth car is sort of a memorial to a good friend I lost to diabetes. Was there a good turn out for the show? See any “G scale” there? I only ever found one booth at one Greenberg show with G.

Randy, yes there was some G, in fact, in the background of the one picture I posted, you can see the grayish Aristocraft boxes the one vendor had. He was willing to cut me a deal, but I really don’t need anymore Aristo boxcars.

As for turnout, its not at all like it was years ago. I remember, as a member of the public, that I used to try and get out after an hour, because after the show had been open an hour or more, I would get elbowed in the ribs and have my toes stepped on, because it was that crowded. That is not the way it has been for years.