Large Scale Central

LGB Streamliner Passenger Cars

I recently added the LGB B&O 30 Year Anniversary F7 ABA (70457) to my collection. I’m new to diesel models, I mostly concentrated on steam and steam era PRR models to this point. However, I am now trying to add the appropriate B&O LGB streamline passenger cars (33570, 33580, 33590). I rarely see certain road names enter the market in LGB streamliner passenger cars, such as the B&O. Does anyone have an approximate valuation on these cars, if and when they enter the market? Does anyone know the original issue price? I own the LOK (Farneti, Zanin) reference book, but it isn’t as thorough as I would have hoped on the Limited Edition products. There’s just such divergence in valuation from road to road paint schemes; for example the PRR scheme command almost double the value of Santa Fe scheme.

Can’t help you Jay but I can welcome you to LSC.

Jay,

Welcome to LSC. The B&O streamliners only had one run. They were in the $300 to$400 range when they came out. Be prepared to pay a premium for them. Mike Setzer hobbies has a set of them. They are in Virginia and I think Florida.

Regards,

LAO

Once in a rare occasion, they show up on eBay.

Jay, unless your interest is staying with LGB, you might consider Aristo’s streamliners in B&O livery. I have the same LGB F7 ABA set and the Aristo Streamliners look good with the F7’s. They may be easier to find and a bit cheaper.

I also run them behind a newly acquired USA Hudson and they look great. Although of course, not NYC. My B&O heavyweights look better though.