Large Scale Central

Garden Railroad Magic

I figure there might be a few new faces around who got their first large scale train this Christmas and are wondering what this garden railroading stuff is all about. For you newcomers, and for you seasoned veterans alike, here is a video I made last year for a garden railroad clinic.

For those of you unfamiliar with the name “Marty Cozad” or who have not seen his fabulous outdoor layout, this will be a treat. For those of you who have attended one of Marty’s annual battery-powered steam-ups held every September, this will bring back good memories.

This video is a composite of clips I shot in 2011 and 2012. Only the RGS trains are mine; the ones with K-27 #455 or C-19 #41 on the point. Everything else belongs to another crazy person who made the annual trek to Nebraska just like I do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lBwUZnejAns[/youtube]

Enjoy,

Bob Hyman

Thanks for posting Bob, Love the live steamers.

Great video Bob. Thanks for posting.

Awesome Bob, someday I will get there. I had tickets to a Chiefs games given to me on that weekend and couldn’t turn them down.

Awesome video of Marty’s layout!

-Kevin.

I would love to have a copy of that video to play in a DVD player. My Uncle would really enjoy it.

Bob Russell said:

I would love to have a copy of that video to play in a DVD player. My Uncle would really enjoy it.

Bob,

I made a high def copy of it in MP4 format. Do you have the capability to burn a DVD? I can email you the mp4 if you want it.

Yes I can burn DVD’s but I have never tried it. Was it easy to do? How do I copy the video so I can burn it?

I’d love to have a copy of that also. Is there someplace I can download it?

Thanks,

Michael

Bob Russell said:

Yes I can burn DVD’s but I have never tried it. Was it easy to do? How do I copy the video so I can burn it?

Bob,

If your computer has a DVD burner then it probably came with an application for creating DVDs. It will be easy. I’m am now loading the Garden Railroad Magic.mp4 to a server so I can provide you a link to down load it. It will take a few minutes.

Michael Barnes said:

I’d love to have a copy of that also. Is there someplace I can download it?

Thanks,

Michael

Mike,

I’m am now loading the Garden Railroad Magic.mp4 to a server so I can provide you a link to down load it. It will take a few minutes.

Joe Zullo said:

Bob Russell said:

Bob,

I made a high def copy of it in MP4 format. Do you have the capability to burn a DVD? I can email you the mp4 if you want it.

To make it easier copy it to dropbox or something similar. Then you just send it through dropbox and no one has to wait for it to upload and you only have to do it once.

Sorry the link is not working. I will keep trying tomorrow.

Typo ?

Firefox can’t find the server at www.northfloridashooting.com.

great move to remember it by. changed a lot this year. chrome could not find the link

richard

This new link should work and allow you to save the file./ It will be on this server for 14 days.

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gc99c1c9eda483ad6999435295a54ff27047ef237c

thanks Joe it worked

Richard Beverly said:

thanks Joe it worked

You most welcome Richard.

Thanks for the file, Joe. I got it just in time. Looks great.