Large Scale Central

The joy of water features

Ahhhh the murmur of a stream, the rush of a small waterfall … priceless. Yeah well, if you watch it on video it’s quite true, different story in real life.

I’m still cleaning out the water features, getting rid of all the “good stuff” that accumulates. Read somewhere that adding gravel to the pond will nurture the benefical growth. Could be true but once things are clean I will stick to large round river rock that I wash first.

AND needles, cones, blooms from the Ponderosa pine will be fished out on a daily basis. Cleaning out all the gook and scrubbing off the algae turned out to be some job. Best avoided/prevented if possible. :frowning:

Thats why I got rid of mine. If I want to hear water all I have to do is walk 300yards out back to my natrual creek. No maint involved. Just wished it was closer to my house and layout.

I don’t have a brook close.
But I do have my pond, with the Lily pad flower that just started opening beautiful pink w/ pale yellow center.
I just got the Lily Pad plant last Saturday and it flowered already.
I’m still looking for a filter. The local shops rigther don’t handle pond items or they don’t carry anythnig small enough.
So off to the net to find a filter.
David

Shawn said:
Thats why I got rid of mine. If I want to hear water all I have to do is walk 300yards out back to my natrual creek. No maint involved. Just wished it was closer to my house and layout.
Simple solution. Move the layout to the creek ;) Ralph
Shawn said:
Search canal building and use the railroad to haul the dirt. Let me know when you need scale blasting, I'll try to not use too much powder. We'll eventually get it to scale. ;-)