Large Scale Central

Wiring Diagram

I need a wiring diagram for the Dremel Table Saw Motor (Model 580-2) I know that it is a 2.2A Universal motor with 10K RPM 115V 50-60cy. Hard search of internet turned up zip. Will call Dremel later and pray they have one.
Thanks
Noel

Noel -

Unless this is a variable speed saw it should be pretty straight forward. What happened that you need a diagram ?

John,
Motor finally clogged up with sawdust and I had to disassemble to clean. I need to know where the black, green and white wires go from the switch to the brushes. When I was disassembling the dang wires broke off with no hint where they go. Don’t want to chance burning it up when I reassemble it. I feel dumb.
Noel

Ah - That explains it.

This is an educated guess, so use at your own risk. Based on American Electrical Code, White is Neutral, Black is Hot and Green is Earth Ground. On an AC motor (this saw is AC as far as I can determine with Google) white and black are interchangeable - UNLESS one brush is somehow connected to the motor case or shaft, which is unusual in modern equipment. One would go to each brush. The green wire would connect to the motor case. There should be a screw lug somewhere for the green wire.

Thanks for the info John.
I will check it out and get back to you. I think I am coming to the same conclusion.
Noel

Noel, just don’t release the magic smoke!

Jon and Steve,
It is back together and RUNS! Purrs real nice. Smoked a bit at first and I sais Aaah S !!! Stopped her and she was not hot. Then I realized that the carbon brushes (big ones) were just seating themselves on the commutator. Things are looking up.
Noel

Is that little Dremel saw belt driven? I have one that still runs fine but the belt is getting tired. What can I use to replace it with?

Doug, try Micromark for a new belt… they used to have/stock them…