Large Scale Central

Wreck

Amtrak train breaks apart at 125 mph

February 6, 2018 | 12:36pm

Link

A high-speed Amtrak train bound for Penn Station broke apart as it was cruising through Maryland on Tuesday, sources told The Post

A high-speed Amtrak train bound for Penn Station broke apart as it was moving at top speed through Maryland.

The 2150 Acela was traveling from Washington D.C. to the Big Apple when the incident happened at about 11:20 a.m. The train was traveling at about 125 mph, according to the source.

What the heck is going on around here? I went to check this out because Amtrak has been in trouble lately, and what do I find? The president of Canada is calling us peoplekind, the stock market is on a 2,000 point yo-yo, there’s a lady in New England who won’t get $500 million dollars because she won’t tell anyone who she is, all those idiots who mortgaged their houses to get cash to “invest” in bitcoin are in big big trouble, there’s a tv preacher who thinks the flu is in your imagination, and there’s quite a few human beings acting just horribly toward their fellow man, or I guess it’s their fellow peoplekind.

It’s like, the more things change the more they stay the same…I’m going back to not checking up on the news.

edit: and then there’s the guy with a rocket trying to prove the world is flat!

Again! Suddenly cars, busses and planes are very appealing.

I had no idea that this happened.

No crash or deaths. The reports say that the connection safety cables held the train together. Unbelievable! And lucky!

Ken

John Passaro said:

…and he failed…now about these aliens…

Ross Mansell said:

John Passaro said:

…now about these aliens…

You mean the ones living with Marilyn Monroe next door to Elvis in Argentina?

Be nice. I mean, I um. Some folks aint frum ah round here, ya know.

Canada does NOT have a president. We have a PRIME MINISTER…You guys have the President…

Fr.Fred

Wow, “peoplekind” … no wonder he traveled to California to meet our Lt. Governor…

Greg

Soo next time someone comments on your passenger cars not coupling as tight together as they would think the car sets should, . . . . . ‘the prototypes run theirs loosely’ ref. most recent - Amtrak 2018

doug c

p.s. For the ‘record’ from our PRIME MINISTER of Canada (via the CBC) ;

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-peoplekind-bad-joke-1.4524233

I just love hearing you guys say “Amtrak” as it’s such a filthy word. The drunken Irish sailor accent that some have when they use that filthy word actually excites me as there may still be hope yet. Roosters can wear ankle bracelets in a very stylish manner with a tattoo on the back of the spur as well !

This post has been edited: Jon has the football {repeat} Jon has the football

Doug Cannon said:

Soo next time someone comments on your passenger cars not coupling as tight together as they would think the car sets should, . . . . . ‘the prototypes run theirs loosely’ ref. most recent - Amtrak 2018

doug c

p.s. For the ‘record’ from our PRIME MINISTER of Canada (via the CBC) ;

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-peoplekind-bad-joke-1.4524233

Don’t ya just love it when a politician is hoisted by his own petard, and has to walk something back? They all do it, no matter what stripe, and provide amusement for an otherwise dull day.

Also, it’s nice to see that there is a prototype for dragging my battery car uncoupled, by the wires.

John Passaro said:

What the heck is going on around here? I went to check this out because Amtrak has been in trouble lately, and what do I find? The president of Canada is calling us peoplekind, the stock market is on a 2,000 point yo-yo, there’s a lady in New England who won’t get $500 million dollars because she won’t tell anyone who she is, all those idiots who mortgaged their houses to get cash to “invest” in bitcoin are in big big trouble, there’s a tv preacher who thinks the flu is in your imagination, and there’s quite a few human beings acting just horribly toward their fellow man, or I guess it’s their fellow peoplekind.

It’s like, the more things change the more they stay the same…I’m going back to not checking up on the news.

YEP . . . all is CRAZY ! . . . . . (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)