Large Scale Central

What has this Forum done to you ?

The title of this thread is “What has this forum done TO you?” Based on that I will have to answer that; It has used up a whole lot of spare time over the last 10 plus years.

Having said that, what it has done FOR me is provide a very deep pool of information,inspiration, advice and most of all fun and entertainment. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Rick Marty said:

The title of this thread is “What has this forum done TO you?” Based on that I will have to answer that; It has used up a whole lot of spare time over the last 10 plus years.

Having said that, what it has done FOR me is provide a very deep pool of information,inspiration, advice and most of all fun and entertainment. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

What I was trying to get across was …This…

I was sitting eating dinner in this flat bread place and I said to the wife … I need to take a picture… Of what… That oven… why…It reminds me of one of my friends project… who or which friend ? … never mind I’ll be right back …

Also I now go into say Micheal’s just to see if I need stuff…I didn’t do this before… Things like this …

Sean McGillicuddy said:

I love this forum … and I’m very grateful to Bob for doing this for us!

How has this Forum helped me …

• Made friends that have the same interests

• Learned soo much by asking the questions most were just thinking about

• Learned not to throw anything away… ( I might need it)

• Tried repairing things with the help of the forum

• Built a better layout with the knowledge from here …

• Learning newer ways to post pics / videos( keeps changing)

• Learned about the " S "

• Visited places I never knew could be sooo … ( Stan Ames layout )

• Seen how other people do things all over the continent

• learned about diff or new products

• watch our hobby grow thru this site…

• learned about different illnesses … ( wow I never heard of that )

• Share my quirky sense of Humor

• Help other people with there layouts

• learned new words ( Devoning )

• BBQ = G scale ( rivet counters )

• Had a lot of fun here

I’ll leave you with this …

When I see certain this I some times think of this Home away from home

Amtrak … Rooster

Styrene … Ray

Green painters tape … Shane

… Dan

Image result for foil hatDevon

Image result for bbqBoomer

Thanks for listening …

Hopefully some will respond …

I don’t think I can add to this Sean, you’ve stated all the reasons very eloquently. True, I haven’t met any of you in person, but the knowledge I’ve gained from all the contributors has helped me build a better layout.

Sean you nailed it. To what you have said I will add:

*The Challenge, I came here specifically for it and have enjoyed it and look forward to it each year.

*I have become a way better modeler.

*I have been gently (and not so gently) prodded to get things done.

*I have been helped and have gotten to help others enjoy this hobby

• but most of all I have a whole new set of friends who I enjoy very much and have come to care for and who have shown care and concern for me. Especially with one of those weird named medical conditions.

The Forum has shown me where my kin are hiding …

I thank you all for putting up with me.

What has it done TO me?

It prods me along when I don’t feel like doing anything, to move on.

I do enjoy your sense of humour Sean.

Love watching and learning from other member’s projects.

I’ll never forget when I was first doing test runs with my SD60f, and a few members were quick to contact me and let me know that I had to upgrade my SD45 electronics, or risk a meltdown. Saved me money and headaches, thanks. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

Shane

Lou Luczu said:

Staying on TOPIC …“What has this forum done to you”

Only speculation which happens a lot on LSC

This post has been edited by: Rooster

What has this forum done for me? Well let me preface this by saying that I really like trains. I like watching trains, learning about trains, building trains, modeling train things, gardening with trains, creating train track support systems, and collecting trains. I like to ride on trains, visit train places and watch train related shows and videos. I like trains. So what has this forum done for me? Every single day Large Scale Central offers me am instant and current connection to all of these things, and much more. It offers me the opportunity to see how other train enthusiasts close to home and all over the world are pursuing their similar interests. I get to view photos and videos of every aspect of this great hobby. I get to listen and join into conversations about, well, you name it. And to witness and enjoy the friendships generated by these conversations. I discover new methods for fabricating things, learn about new developments in the hobby, get to see amazingly talented people and their works of art and study cutting edge applications of the new technologies.

I could continue to list benefits that I receive from LSC but I think you get it. Because if you’re reading this thread you’re looking for the same things too. I try to visit LSC every day. What a great site. I really appreciate everyone that contributes. And I would like to thank Bob for everything he does to make Large Scale Central happen. Thank you Bob!

Sean and All,

I think I have to agree with the statement - “What has this Forum done TO me?” More than “What has this Forum done FOR me?”

It has kept me focused on my part of Model Railroading. I check in here everyday. It is part of my daily routine. Sometimes, by necessity, or choice, I am required or desiring to do something else. That’s okay, but I always keep my hobby and friends close by checking in here. Always good stuff.

Big thanks to the BOD and all our friends.

This forum gives me a group of friends with a shared interest in outdoor model trains, and occasionally a chance to rejoice or commiserate in the ups and downs of life. It also taunts me with photos of heavenly meat delights. :slight_smile:

Wow, I forgot. When we were waiting for a flight from California back home to New Jersey, we visited the Santa Fe & Butthead Cove RR. Noel was such a gracious host of a last minute visit. That would never have happened if LSC was not here!