Large Scale Central

What deals did you find at ECLSTS 2016?

Joe Zullo said:

Vinny,

Why don’t you tell us how you really feel about it? (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

I am just happy that after a year Accucraft took the locomotive back and issued me credit.

Full story is here if anyone missed it: http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/21438/accucraft-whitcomb-45t-side-rod-diesel?page=1

I’m suspecting that Vinny’s loco is now buried under this…

Well, if you read Vincent’s thread back from 2014 where he went through a bunch of them and finally got his money refunded, you would compliment him on his patience.

Greg

I did and I realize he has the patience of Job!

He lasted longer than I would have. No offense to Accucraft, but when they all show the slow speed issue, and wheels wobbling like bachmann freight car rejects (remember several bad batches of them), ow…

Greg

Joe Zullo said:

I did and I realize he has the patience of Job!

Vinny has a Job and who is that guy you posted ?

Edit: Because I just realized you meant Job, like in the Bible Job. However I thought we were not supposed to discuss religion because it upsets folks. Next thing you know our Beloved BD gets e-mails complaining about such content! Besides I see no relation to the thread topic with this post?

I thought the guy in the picture was Vinny…just minutes after he tried running his Accucraft centercab diesel.

If that is Vinny, he really needs a shave… and some pants.

-Kevin.

Next Vinnie is going to complain that he sits on his concrete engine and it doesn’t go fast enough!

Great show. Didn’t make any purchases, but always enjoy seeing the new products that are being offered or in the works. Here’s my complaint though, there’s a push to get a younger demographic into the hobby (I, myself am 27). However, when you schedule a show on a Friday (when typically the non-retired demographic has to work) and then schedule the show on the same weekend as Easter Sunday, how can the hobby expect to bring in “new blood” with such horrible foresight when planning the event? Unless you’re retired or willing and able to miss work, how can you expect to bring in a younger demographic?

Oh, and second big bummer which isn’t really anyone’s fault - the 2016 convention T-shirt were sold out by the time I got to the show Saturday morning (I drove to York from Pittsburgh)

Every T shirt larger than Medium was sold out by 1000 Friday.

A lot of people complained.

Lou Luczu said:

Every T shirt larger than Medium was sold out by 1000 Friday.

A lot of people complained.

Yea, I ended up buying a sweat shirt, which I needed anyway…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Jay Briscoe said:

Great show. Didn’t make any purchases, but always enjoy seeing the new products that are being offered or in the works. Here’s my complaint though, there’s a push to get a younger demographic into the hobby (I, myself am 27). However, when you schedule a show on a Friday (when typically the non-retired demographic has to work) and then schedule the show on the same weekend as Easter Sunday, how can the hobby expect to bring in “new blood” with such horrible foresight when planning the event? Unless you’re retired or willing and able to miss work, how can you expect to bring in a younger demographic?

Oh, and second big bummer which isn’t really anyone’s fault - the 2016 convention T-shirt were sold out by the time I got to the show Saturday morning (I drove to York from Pittsburgh)

Jay,

The problem was that they moved Easter this year to coincide with the show. These shows are booked in advance, and if you want the same week as last year - fine. Another date and you bump in to someone else’s show - so they tend to stay the same dates.

Huh! Next year is 24 & 25 March 2017.

Lou Luczu said:

Huh! Next year is 24 & 25 March 2017.

Lou

That thread hasn’t started yet

Spent some time with my show bargains last week. First, the CVSRy Shops dismantled the Aristo Delton Classic cars for a thorough cleaning in the kitchen sink. Years of road dust and mud went down the drain. Here the clean car bodies return to the yard for re-assembly…

With the trucks cleaned up, the Bachmann wheels were replaced with Aristo wheels for their added weight and slightly smaller diameter and flanges…

The Kadee Couplers were removed and replaced with Accucraft as is my standard. Here the cars are rolling by Dave’s Big Indian cigar store for the first time…

Soon they were followed with the re-assembled Bachmann Frameless Tank…

Here are some close-ups of the screwed up tank, unfortunately I failed to take any before pictures. This is one of the areas where glue had been allowed to run down the tank after I had scraped it off with an Exacto blade…

And the other side. It was really a mess. I used some very fine grit sandpaper (2400) to remove most of the glue finger smudges from the top…

Eventually I need to come up with some creative tar spills to cover this up. It will run as-is for now.

Jay Briscoe said:

Actually, having the show on Good Friday brought in more children then normal. There were small children all over the show. Maybe some seeds were planted, and some of those children will come into the hobby in the coming years.

Mr. Russell: I was responding to “Another date and you bump in to someone else’s show - so they tend to stay the same dates.”

Oh yea, the York fairgrounds always has something going on. This weekend, there is a carnival in the race track area.

Everyone else understood you Lou, just hard for fowl to comprehend (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)