Large Scale Central

Union Pacific CA-1 Caboose

Gary Armitstead said: But I made a major “mistake” on my caboose when I moved the cupola to make more seating room for the “brakeman” riding this car :). Notice the last window on the side is directly under the cupola.

Maybe that’s a mistake on that caboose, buuuuuuuuuut …

Look at P&LE drover caboose about 1/2 down this page,

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30432&whichpage=1

Nice looking caboose Gary, thanks for the pictures they’ll help out.

Chuck Inlow said:

Nice looking caboose Gary, thanks for the pictures they’ll help out.

Thanks Chuck.

If you need more photos, just let me know. I can email them.

Well a little update for tonight. I got all the 3D printed windows glued in and even took pictures. Unfortunately the Freight Shed system has changed and I can’t figure out how it works, so no pictures tonight. Next I will start on the 2 doors, then the trim around the upper edge of the sides. Pictures will follow someday.

A little update. I got both of the doors on the caboose made and installed. Then I built the tool box that goes under the caboose on one side. I have to wait until some more styrene comes in before I can finish the upper support for the roof so I’m going to start working on the brake detail on the underside.

I’ve taken pictures, but for some reason this new system will not except my (.jpeg) format.

We love cabeese - any size/scale. Building one now, and another at 2.5in to the foot planned. Great work there, Chuck, and Gary - my headgear is removed in your presence!!!

tac

OVGRS and The Royal Automobile Club

No, it will not accept .jpeg, but will accept .jpg. So, convert the files to .jpg

And David how do you do that? Change from .jpeg to .jpg.

There are programs that will change the file type, like infranview.

OK, I think I finally got this picture posting thing worked out, so here are a few pictures of the progress that I have made on this caboose so far.

Last night I got 7 of the 10 windows framed in on the cupola before my eyes started going batty. Hopefully tonight I’ll finish the last 3 windows so that I can move onto the roof and side bracing.

The second picture shows the tool box.

The third picture shows the end doors framed in.

The last picture shows the 3D printed windows installed.

So that pretty much brings us up to date with all the current progress. Enjoy.

Looking good Chuck. Glad you figured out the picture thing. I get them to the freight shed, but that seems to be it.

Looking good Chuck. Nice fit on the cupola to the roof; matching the contour.