Large Scale Central

Time to upgrade to safer lithium batteries

I forgot that my Hitec/RCD X4-Eighty Four Port charger will do LFP too. Yet I have never used it for same. This unit utilizes the same IC as Steve’s Tenergy TB6 and many others. And yes this is a truly universal very capable smart charger/balancer. Four separate batteries can be charged/cycled of NiCd, NiMH, Li-Ion, Li-Po, LiFe, PB/lead acid technology simultaneously. Several charge programs can be saved on each of the four charger outputs, set it once for your favorite batteries… $129.00 USD

There is certainly a place and or need for purpose built chargers simple chargers IMO. Greg you’ve seen the light, chargers can be problematic for many that’s a given.

Michael

Looking at battery suppliers online i can’t find a 14.8 (or there abouts) battery. They seem to jump from 12v to 16v. Also the price point is pretty high, I know it’s new tech and the price will come down someday.

T

Different chemistries in the same container will produce different reactions/ voltages.

I’d go the next size up.

John

Cells are 3.3V nominal, so batteries are in multiples thereof. 4S x 3.3 = 13.2V, 5S x 3.3 = 16.5V.