Large Scale Central

Thinking

Eric Mueller said:

Go tropical! The OR&L had a couple motor cars!

Eric,

A future build or 4 ?

Mik challenge is right around could we for see a family project ?

Rooster,

Dollars to donut that’s a US Army rig. I don’t hold it in my books, though. Cool find! The OR&L had four interurbans much more like what you are mulling. As for future family projects, who knows what the Mik might bring! After that, we’ve got the Restoration of the Missile Sponges, but this is a worthy thing for which to start saving parts!

Eric

I just saw this thread and when I opened it the very first picture had me dumbfounded. I was trying like hell to figure out why they would mount a sander way the hell up in the air between the two cabs. What’s wrong with the old fashioned sanding dome. It wasn’t until farther down that I saw that it was a sanding tower behind the car.

Out of all the examples the monster truck version holds the most appeal.

Chris Kieffer said:

Get creative…

How creative ? Is whimsical and futuristic allowed?

“THINKING”…always the start of finding one’s self, sinking deeper into a pit of “Do-Do” where more THINKING is just the thing that seems to be some sort of sign that panic is just around the next “S” curve of poorly thought out track work…!!!

Fred Mills

Fred Mills. said:

“THINKING”…always the start of finding one’s self, sinking deeper into a pit of “Do-Do” where more THINKING is just the thing that seems to be some sort of sign that panic is just around the next “S” curve of poorly thought out track work…!!!

Fred Mills

Padre,Friar,Father Fred…or whatever nickname you prefer as there are their are more. I appreciate you staying on topic as suggested by the experts!

Still thinking and as I was once ore twice or thrice told …“The devil is in the details” !

/

Eric Mueller said: After that, we’ve got the Restoration of the Missile Sponges, but this is a worthy thing for which to start saving parts!

Eric

How did I overlook this ??

And how did I overlook that rare combination of imagery from the Lower Susquehanna and music of the sub-continent?

The Rehabilitation of the Missile Sponges is a project to “model up” the crews’ toys and permanently repair that never to be sufficiently cursed B’mann railtruck in an effort to give new life to old objects, pick up some kitbashing skills, and settle a score with that 'truck.

But first the Mik!

That has the sound of a rallying cry,

"But first the Mik!"

Does anyone have Jim Clark’s plans for doing the ATSF M-190 Doodlebug?

I am currently living 8n Belen NM and am working on the Doodlebug (and Park) and would LOVE to do a G-scale Model.

Thanks for your help…

Does anyone have the Plans for building the M-190 Doodlebug?

I believe Jim Clark had some plans at one time.

I’m currently living in Belen NM and am working on the ATSF M190 DOODLEBUG.

Would LOVE to make a G-Scale Model for the Park.

Thank you!

Jim Carter, in Wichita did a nice one, ran it at Marty’s quite a bit.

Thank you, Jerry. I knew you would help my memory. That is a beautiful model!

Jerry Barnes said:

Jim Carter, in Wichita did a nice one, ran it at Marty’s quite a bit.

Never heard of the guy myself …Thanks Jerry !

He comes to this forum, thought he’d see the post. I’ll email him.

Jerry, Thanks for the email.

In January to April, 2012, I used an Aristo doodlebug and heavyweight combo. to build the M190 “Old Pellican” Doodlebug. They were cut into five pieces and refit to build the two cars. The roofs were changed from celestry to smoothe. Much handcrafting of detail was done. It was articulated like the original. It was fully operational RC/sound with prototypical lighting. I still have it, but haven’t run it in about a year.

It’s been a while since I have posted here. I don’t remember how to post an image from my computer hard drive or if I have to upload it somewhere first. I lost a lot of the pictures of the build when our house was robbed of electronics that October, but I still have a few pictures.

Thank you for the interest.

Jim Carter

Thanks Jim …actually I do remember him now Jerry !

This is the M190 I built. The picture posted by Chris Keiffer on pg1, was taken at Marty Cozad’s. FYI: The four radiators on the roof were fashioned from Radio Shack battery boxes. Jim Carter

"

Jim Clark built one a few years back, pretty neat motorcar."