Large Scale Central

The Most Intersting Man in Model Railroading..

His Napkin Sketch Plans have appeared in architectural digest.

His kit bashing and scratch building has had the designers of the prototypes admit that they got it wrong.

He strips factory paint and applies his own decals using nothing but will power.

He is the most interesting man in model railroading…

Todd Haskins said:

His Napkin Sketch Plans have appeared in architectural digest.

Uh oh, now we know…he’s Vic Smith!

His personality is so magnetic, he cannot use Kadee couplers.

He can speak Morse code, in DCC packets.

His light gear oil smells like cologne.

At museums, he is asked to caress the locomotive models for luck.

His 1:1 scale layout has hand-laid track.

He once let off steam, just to see how it feels.

He is… The most interesting man in model railroading!

CJ

PS, OK I’ll admit that I spent way too much time getting inspired by certain source material:

Grab bag on the pics

His 1:1 private car has it’s own swimming pool

He has been in the hobby so long he still calls Ric Golding “the New Guy”

When he bulldozed his neighbor’s house in order to expand his garden railroad the courts upheld his claim of “Imminent Domain” …

He is!..

The most interesting man in model railroading.

“I don’t always do hobby stuff but when I do I choose model trains…stay railroady my friends…”

Every year, at the time of his birth, thousands of Chinese Kader employees pause for an hour of silence in his honor.

Gee, that picture looks very 1970’s

David…you are close…it was somewhere around 1983, or 1984…Gord Bellamy is the guy on the left. I have no idea who the person on the right is.

I just had a bheer with Gord this afternoon…he seems to be in good health; he and Ric Golding are friends. Ric, and Gord could be considered “Famous Model Railroaders”, as well as “Most interesting Model Railroaders”

That photo of Rick nails the character!

He has lawyers on speed-dial ready to provide irrefutable proof that he never had anything to do with Amtrak…

He owns the only un-punched Ticket to Tomahawk…

His MU cables include connections for Champagne…

He is!..

“I don’t always do hobby stuff but when I do I choose model trains…stay railroady my friends…”

Boomer K. said:

His MU cables include connections for Champagne…

Okay, that’s a good one! (Shouldn’t it be Dos Equis XX though??)

I think we should set a time limit of next Friday at midnight, and then next weekend vote on our favorite top five response items.

You can vote for yourself (I like my one about Warren Buffett for instance!!) and the creators of the top five winners get absolutely nothing!

When he speaks, even Greg E. listens…

For he is The Most Interesting man in Model Railroading!

Edit to ask if I win?

Everyone is actually a “Winner”, in a thread like this one. Every person who looks in on this web page is an “Interesting Person” to someone.

In a lot of cases, most of us never get to meet those great people, and never get to enjoy how interesting they are.

YOU…the person reading this, may be very interesting, with your thoughts, wishes, and questions, to the next person you meet; and they may be greatly interesting to you. Give each other a break, and get to really know your fellow Model Railroaders. Together, sharing and caring, we can make life, just a bit better…for us all.

Fred Mills

His last open house was so intense the National Guard had to be sent in to break it up…

He never uses E-bay or Pay-pal…Bob Cope volunteers to do that for him…

The NGRC in Tulsa will feature a clinic on his life…

His train collection is so well justified that even his wife (SWMBO) agrees that he is right…

He is!..

Alright here is my last offering (for the foreseeable future) (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)As I have railroad things to work on!

He based his evaluation of battery VS track power on the philosophies of Sun Tzu…

Lewis Polk, Charlie Ro and Lee Riley all asserted paternal claims until DNA testing proved conclusively that Darth Vader really is his father…

He led the coup that brought Bob “Benevolent Dictator” McCown to power…

When sworn in for testimony he insists on placing his left hand on a Walthers Catalogue…

His contributions to model railroading are so significant that the Parks Service placed a Historical Marker in front of his house…

He is!..

“Stay charged, my friends.”

(http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/2017/02/10/086f1d7c-75e7-4a76-b9f0-6a961e04c533/sheldon3.gif)

Vic, I have no idea of what this is supposed to be, it went completely over my head, but I love it! Where in the heck do you come up with this stuff anyway? Ha!

John

The picture I have been using and the Gif above are from the TV show “Big Bang Theory”. One of the characters is a train enthusiast and avid model railroader. Of course he is a massive nerd… but aren’t we all.