Large Scale Central

The Loss of another GREAT Modeler

That’s sad news, sorry to hear it.

Well, just crud! Nice guy - loved talking with him - I could never believe how far he would drive to make an event. We’ll miss you Bob!

So, just WHERE IS the traveling outhouse award? It’s quite a testament to his modeling skills - I sure hope everybody gets to see it!

So sorry to hear this. Bob’s been a great encourager over the years, and this is a big loss to the community for sure.

I hope all the best for his family as they deal with this difficult time.

So sorry to hear this. Bob’s been a great encourager over the years, and this is a big loss to the community for sure.

I hope all the best for his family as they deal with this difficult time.

Al Pomeroy said:

Bob will be missed, his articles on building RGS trestles in smaller scales was the inspiration for me building bridges 44A and 45A on my large scale RR.

Rest in Peace Bob.

Al P.

Thanks, Al

Your lovely bridges are wonderful to look at.

I am pleased to know that Bob’s articles inspired you.

He also had some tutorial pages for F scale trestles.

I will miss him on the web.

That certainly is a loss for the hobby and for the family… Have many good memories and fun times with Bob at Marty’s…

RIP Bro…

Thanks for letting us know, Dennis…

Way too young, such a gifted modeler and friend to the community, Bob will be missed.

My prayers to those who miss him.

RIP Bob Hyman. I will miss him around here. Condolences to the family. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

My condolences to Bob’s family. I had many great discussions with him here on the forums and even a few rare chat interactions.

You will be missed my Friend.

Crapp I had a great talk with him @ Bobs last year…Too sad…

Aw man…

Met Bob a few times through both large scale and narrow gauge circles. One of the purely nicest guys I’ve ever met. Didn’t expect to find him when opening this thread.

RIP (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

The last time I saw him at Andy’s, the “Big C” was really wearing him down. He fought the good fight.

So now the “Traveling Outhouse Award” takes on new meaning, as a testament to some great modeling. The last I saw of it was at Stan Ames in 2018, during TrainOPs2018. It is rather inconspicuous in its traveling plastic grey ammo box. I’m thinking its sitting on a shelf somewhere in the Northeast.

Sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.