The Jackson & Burke RR gets a turntable

Ric Golding said:
I think the quote is "When you see your name in print, you know you exist"
Preferably not in the obituaries.
Chris Vernell said:
Ric Golding said:
I think the quote is "When you see your name in print, you know you exist"
Preferably not in the obituaries.
Well Chris - if you can read your own obit, you have either mastered a skill that few have or the newspaper will be paying you a nice settlement :D

Don’t forget you saw it here first!

Bob McCown said:
Don't forget you saw it here first!
Bob,

No worries - Garden Railways is not even close to LSC. Certainly not competition.

Ric Golding said:
Bob McCown said:
Bob,

No worries - Garden Railways is not even close to LSC. Certainly not competition.

But they do pay better. :smiley:

Bruce Chandler said:
Ric Golding said:
Bob McCown said:
Bob,

But they do pay better. :smiley:

But they aren’t quite as much fun…:wink:

but at least they don’t try to kill me off!

I missed!

Bob McCown said:
I missed!
It happens, try again.

Make sure that you get your first shot off fast. That gives you time to make your second shot perfect.

Steve Featherkile said:
Make sure that you get your first shot off fast. That gives you time to make your second shot perfect.
Whatever happens, we have got the Maxim gun, and they have not ...

My GR arrived late due to a mail SNAFU and I just read Bruce’s article this morning. Great job Bruce :slight_smile:

While I don’t have a need (yet) for a turntable I’m thinking I could use a lot of the ideas and materials for a short girder bridge I want to add this summer.

Thanks, Jon. Looking back, it’s hard to realize I first started this in 2006. I put it out the summer of 2007 and have left it out since. It seems to have survived pretty well. The stainless rod has rusted a bit, but it still pivots on the nylon bushing. I ended up putting sliders on the ends, as the wheels were just too narrow to start with.

Has any one tried to build their own turntable using Bruce’s suggestion on utilizing “Tuf Board?
I can not find Tuf Board here in Northern California. Tried Lowe’s, HD, and two local dealers; zip. HardiBoard has a product close, (3.5” x 1”) to the dimensions that Bruce mentions but I’m not excited about all the concrete dust. Any ideas?
Bill

Try Trimplank, NeverRot or any other plastic composite trim. They come in a variety of different brand names.

Home Depot around here didn’t know they carried Tuf Board. I had to walk around the store to find it. Big surprise.

Bill,

I purchased Tuf Board at our Yuba City HD. Let me know if I can help you find some here.

Mario,
Thanks for the tip. I am in Chico, less than an hour from you. If Lowe’s can’t get it from their Dublin store I am coming your way.
Bill

Bill,

Let me know when you will be in Yuba City. Perhaps we can get together to run some trains. I don’t have much to see, but you are welcome to come on by. Don’t forget to bring your favorite loco or two.

Bruce,

Howq did your TT fare over the winter? Any problems?