Large Scale Central

The future of LSC

I’ll second that notion, Thank You. Hopefully we’ll never have to use that button.

John

Thank you Bob.

Thank you Bob. That sounds like a great plan of attack to solve problems etc.

I too do not want this site to go away. 100 % of what I know about LS trains came from the members here. I don’t post often of late due to other things going on in my life this last year or two, but I look in on what’s going on everyday.
Thanks again, Randy

Good luck Bob and Thanks!!!

Bob, you are the best! We can do this!

Great news, Thank you Bob:)

Thank you Bob very much. indeed.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Thank you Bob.

Good luck with the update. That may be the biggest struggle of the week!

Thanks!! Very good plan for the future.

doc Tom

I think this will work.

Good luck with the update, I don’t envy you that task.

Bob after reading all the posts on this thread I understand your frustrations. Any forum(or club) can become a place where people rub each other the wrong way. Everyone can be an idiot sometimes. Sometimes, a post can just hit a person wrong, when others don’t find the post bothersome or on another day that same person wouldn’t find it objectionable.

Everyone needs to remember that once that Post button is pushed, your comments are on the web not just on the forum you posted to but EVERYWHERE.

Thank you for stepping back and evaluating your options and keeping this forum up and running. By far, LSC is the best forum for Garden Railroading and the participants in the forums have some of the best knowledge in the hobby. It would have been a pity if this site would have gone dark, all that experience lost to the wind.

Your tolerance policy will work and if people don’t like it they will leave. Their loss, not ours.

Good luck on the upgrade and hopefully we’ll see this site on the ‘other side’

Hi, Bob. I would like to join the others with a big thanks for all that you have done in the past and for hanging in there with this new attempt. I was going to agree with the others about using some type of help from members to delegate some of the responsibility to help moderate the site so that it would lessen your burden. This plan that you have outlined sounds even better.

Everyone that frequents LSC has a love for trains and a passion to build a world of their own around them. Sometimes that passion manifests itself into a ginormous empire or simply into a pleasant daydream. We are proud of whatever world it is that we have created. The LSC world that you have created is the size of all of us combined and a world that you should be very proud of. Although I am not a frequent poster I do visit LSC probably three to four times a day and I am honored to be a part of it. The people that do post on the site are amazing, offering an infinite amount of resource covering aspects of the hobby that I didn’t even realize existed.

As in any large endeavor the tasks can become overwhelming, especially dealing with people. I hope your plan is successful and begins a process of delegating and streamlining the process so that you can once again enjoy this great LSC world that you have created. Thank you with my utmost appreciation, Mark Betlem

After going back and reading from the Beginning of these post…Boy like Lou Luezu said… Wow. gone for a few days and only looking a a few things off and on all heck breaks loose… Hope all come out ok with Bob Mc.C due to this is a great site and ya a lot of stuff comes around. Think Rooster take the worst hits. but it all in fun like having a family of close trains guys. After yr’s of off and on using and making friends on all sites this is the best and we have been here a long time form the begin. But not having a frt. shed until a few yrs. ago and after losing a lot of stuff on another site. Sure hate to loose what we have here due to crap some one hear or did.
All us old guys can say… is hope Bob McC. can see above this and keep us as a family.

Lou L… Sorry to here the lost. It is so hard to go thru this, but will come out ok. As you know what we been thru here to and can feel your pain. Golden yrs. and growing old sucks sometimes, but we still have our trains and family’s to help us, plus this site with friends. Noel & Jane

Thank all of you for your condolences. It really helps, guys.

The reason I asked Ken to post RESPECT is because we should all respect one another. If we treat each other with respect, we can all get along.

Bob, thank you for all you do. Sounds like you have a plan. Just one thing before you hit the butt

For once in my life I’m glad someone didn’t take my advice…:wink:

I want to thank Bob McCown for this site. I really love it. I am on it every day. I have learned a bunch, but want to learn more. There really is a great bunch on LSC. Let’s all cooperate and make it happen. Let’s also hope the upgrade goes smoothly.

My condolences to Lou Luczu. We are sorry for your lose.

Thanks Bob !!

doug c

p.s. “…The site takes an incredible amount of time and money,…”

When things that are to be informative and fun, but become so stressful it even overrides the previously ignored costs it is time to closedown.

I just want to say ,“THANKS” Bob. This is a great site and I’ve met a lot of great people here. It’s the only way us Pacific Northwest boyz can stay in touch with all you Eastern boyz. Hopefully someday we’ll be able to travel back east and actually get to meet all of you face to face.

Again, thanks Bob for letting all of us into your living room and sharing our hobby.

Chuck

Lets hope for the best, upgrades can be very messy things.

Good luck with it Bob

Ross Mansell said:

Thank you Bob very much. indeed.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Amen… Thanks. Bob.