Large Scale Central

STARS Build Log

I thought about lip up, but most of the shelves don’t have a lip (that’s what was on deep sale), so I went lip down for consistency. I’ll put some rope (I have a lot; I am an offshore ocean racer) under the landscape cloth to define the edges. That or foam backing rod.

Speaking of foam backer rod, I am considering coating some with adhesive and rolling in ballast gravel to act as a sort of positioner/retainer for the track ballast.

Okay! A semicircle of track base from redwood planks is in the garage waiting for the glue to dry. Also fastened with mechanical fasteners. Sorry no photo, and I am not 100% sure this part is a good idea. Maybe it will rot out. It gets mounted on the next dry day. Passing by Lowe’s tomorrow, so may try some of that PVC board to see how I like a ladder support.

Okay, we have work on both loops going on. The West loop (Citrus Heights) is being elevated on redwood planks, while the East loop (Cypress Hill) will be PVC Ladder roadbed. Where the rail is near the fence, it’s on wire shelving.

Elevated

Yes, I straightened the crooked upright. Next step is to trim the excess and complete the circle.

For the east loop, the PVC ladder is ready to assemble.

Ladder

Local garden supply lost lease and liquidating stock. I got a couple of Mexican Mock Orange, a couple of ruta graveolens, some creeping purple, and a creeping oregano. This will give me a good start on trackside foliage.