Large Scale Central

Site Changes #1 (9/26/2017)

Yeah, over a year now, and have never admitted that people’s pictures are gone permanently.

Greg

It will be one year come 11-24, planning something …special (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

Are you sure the problems did not start in October?

Hmm…

Greg

Yep, you are right, 11-22

http://forums.mylargescale.com/11-public-forum/72938-links-my-1st-class-photo-hosting-no-longer-work.html

Greg

I just remember it was Thanksgiving Day when I realized my files were gone along with the access. Never got nothing from VS but half-felt apologies and “we’re working on it” all of which added up to absolutely nothing, I may answer questions over there but I will never start a new building log there ever again, I refuse to help VS make money after the absolutely pitiful way they have treated all of us who lost our files. Nothing, nyet, nada, not a sausage. No effort whatsoever to right the situation or offer some form of compensation or solution to any of us. So they lost a participant. I honestly expect one day very soon all vestiges of “1st class membership” will be swept away “…oh we’re so very sorry, we’re working on it” and everyone will be just another no option click-ad viewer. As it is, no one can no longer “join” 1st class, the mechanism stopped working, I wonder why?

OK, I see that by reacting to Vic’s comment “not on mls” I have derailed (or at least helped derail) this thread. I’ll stop and beg forgiveness from our BD.

Greg

Sorry about going off the reservation, I still ticked off by all that VS mess " o’er thar "

Greg and Vic,

Might I propose that the current forthcoming changes here with tiered memberships to assist in funding the site is the real reason photos got ‘lost’ on the other site? Server space costs dollars and the other site is a ‘for profit’ site. I hope from here you can connect the dots.

FWIW, Bob C.

Hi Bob, nope that’s not what happened. A techchimp at VS did something to the servers that lost the data, most likely they needed space for something else and just dumped “old data”, they claimed that they inherited a flawed system and we all know Shad had shoestringed and patchworked the site along for years, but that’s also why some of us believe that it was an intentional dump of a part of the site they simply didn’t want to maintain anymore.

I was also told by someone that VS has a long history of buying sites then putting a ton of advertising on it then doing almost nothing to maintain the site and running it into the ground. Consider that the home page has NEVER been updated …after how many years?

Vic is right, the MLS site was a hodge-podge of different systems and even different servers, as well as a Windows server and Linux server.

When VS took over, it’s clear they were going to “massage” what they bought to their corporate standard.

Also they have a pool of admins, so no one ever got familiar with the unique structure of MLS. For some time, the home page of MLS was broken, the VS people never even went there, they started at the forum itself.

Also, clearly, they found this other, separate server with pictures, and since it was not formally part of the server that had the forum, someone just deleted files, again, not fitting the corporate schema of VS.

Greg

p.s. VS = Vertical Scope, the owners of MLS, not Vic Smith !!!

Getting back on track. I’ve done a soft-launch of the new subscriptions, and it seems to be working (A few signups using the new system). So I guess it’s ready for wider use/abuse.

-=Bob

OK, back on track, and subscribed, it works! (It did take my money ha ha!)

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

OK, back on track, and subscribed, it works! (It did take my money ha ha!)

Greg

Thanks Greg. Not sure why that wasnt caught earlier, maybe none of my testers care about posting! :slight_smile:

And it now displays the correct level in your profile. Need to work on the badges.

Where is the sign up?

Joe, go to ‘Settings’ on the very top menu, and then ‘Subscriptions’

Bob Cope said:

Joe, go to ‘Settings’ on the very top menu, and then ‘Subscriptions’

Thanks Bob. I found it with your help and subscribed. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)