Large Scale Central

Signature posting

Greg,

Yes his code was wrong.

But wait. How can my code be wrong when it works in the post. Joe did you fix it to the current one I have now? The one with the right spelling of mountain? I grab the link from the image and then I use the [img][/img] without the asterisk. In a post it works just fine but the image shows up. but in the signature done exactly the same way it does not.

It still doesn’t answer my question about why it still showed up after I erased all the code and left the box blank. Here is the sequence of events. Last night Korm pointed out the misspelling. I immediately went in and erased all the code and left it blank. I noticed this morning that the signature with the wrong mountain spelling was still there. Then Stan sent me a proof with the right spelling and also a jpeg of the image. I made a new signature image with the right spelling but swapped the RRR badge and the logo. I then tried to put that in the very blank signature box. when I hit save the right image showed up in the post but the wrong signature was still there. That file no longer existed in my freight shed. It was deleted and the new file uploaded with an entirely different file name. Then a few minutes or and hour later the signature was right. So Even if Joe did fix it for me, it does not explain why the wrong signature appeared with no code in the box and especially when the file was erased.

The signature thing baffles me. I can post a picture with the bbcode with ease in a forum post. I don’t know why the signature box is different.

OK I just went and looked at the code that is in there now and it looks identical to the one I put in this morning. I think there is some sort of lag between when we put in the code and when it gets applied. Why else would it stay on there after it has been deleted and the code erased?

Devon Sinsley said:

Joe did you fix it to the current one I have now?

Devon,

Yes I fixed and inserted the one you have now (with the correct spelling and rearranged logos)

I am not all that familiar with BBCode, so I tried it in my own sig box and I could not get it to work.

Perhaps that is the problem. I work with HTML and it works. Here is the code that works (remove the “*”)…

<*img src=“http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/devon_sinsley/Signature.jpg” width=“268” height=“118”>

I can’t explain the lag thing, as I have not experienced that.

Well here is one for you Joe. That’s not the code I am seeing in my signature line. What is there now is

[img]http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/devon_sinsley/Signature.jpg[/img] minus the asterisks. and it must be working. So if you went and changed it for me where is the HTML code you used?

Devon Sinsley said:

Well here is one for you Joe. That’s not the code I am seeing in my signature line. What is there now is

[img]http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/devon_sinsley/Signature.jpg[/img] minus the asterisks. and it must be working. So if you went and changed it for me where is the HTML code you used?

Devon Sinsley said:

Devon Sinsley said:

Devon,

I went in and looked in your signature block in your dashboard and the HTML code I put there is present (and working just fine). Are we looking in the same place? If so, are you looking at it on a PC, a Mac, or an iPhone?

I don’t know if we are looking in the same place, Joe. I am going to my profile>edit my profile>forum signature. In that box right now as we speak it says

[img]http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/devon_sinsley/Signature.jpg[/img]

Minus the asterisks. I am using a PC with Firefox. I don’t get it. I am not sure even what your referring to as my dashboard and I do not see anything with the code you entered with img=src or the with and height information. Now here is what I am thinking. I don’t think we are working from the same place. This would explain why when I erased the code it didn’t do anything. It would also explain why I can’t get anything to work. It may not be the operator but rather the location. If i am not entering the information in the right spots that would explain a great deal.

Ah wait a second I think I might have something figured out. Are you accessing it via the settings button and then forum signature. In that box it does not show the code but shows the actual picture.

I think we found the source of our confusion. From the settings tab I clicked on it went to forum signature where the actual picture is and typed my name below the picture and bingo it showed up. So It wasn’t necessarily that I was using the wrong code it was that I was using it in the wrong place. Wonder if Bob is aware of this. That explains everything.

In that same space I tried the bbcode and it did not work there either. So it must have to be an HTML code. I went back to the My Profile>edit my profile>forum signature and erased all code again, my signature is still there. So that box is useless.

Now I finally found the user dashboard your referring to. It only shows up for me when I click on a general heading. At no other time do I see a user dashboard. I see from there where you arrived at the signature box. It has an actual picture in it not code. I assume you used the HTML code here. So the question is how does one get the HTML code and how do you enter it into that screen.

Now that I am on the same page i might be able to understand it.

Oh holy cow disregard all. This is way easier than the route I was trying to take. From either the settings function or the user dashboard function you get to the signature box and post the phot just like you would anywhere else. Get the image URL and click on the picture icon and insert the link and presto.

I would almost feel like an idiot had I not actually been trying to do it from the My Profile function where it tells you to enter the codes. This way you don’t need no stinking codes.

Voila! By Jove! I think he’s got it! Glad you found out what WTF was happening. I never really use BBCode, it’s archaic.

There is still other ways to get to the dashboard (as I was doing). BM put the link to the dashboard in every category on the forum I believe. It is always in the upper right corner below the topic heading.

Devon Sinsley said:

This way you don’t need no stinking codes.

That’s called WYSIWYG* (What You See Is What You Get). (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

*pronounced : wissy wig

Joe the Dashboard only shows up for me under the sub headings. So when I click general or modeling ect. its not on the main page or under a specific topic. But now I know its there I will know where to look.

Devon Sinsley said:

Joe the Dashboard only shows up for me under the sub headings. So when I click general or modeling ect. its not on the main page or under a specific topic. But now I know its there I will know where to look.

Devon,

We are talking the same place. You called it sub-headings, I called it categories. Same, same. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)