Large Scale Central

Shannon car shops Mik 2015 challange

David Maynard said:

Keds? Gee, for some odd reason I thought the were Converse. That just shows what I know.

Well, since LSC is back live, I guess I had better get back to work.

No Mr. Maynard you do not get a 12 hour extension because the site was down :slight_smile:

Devon, I know. Thats why I need to get into the shop and start cracking the whip.

Actually, I think a better approach would be to call up Olive Oil’s and have pizza a beer delivered to the shop. Then I would get all hands on deck, and things would really happen then.

David, I’m enjoying the ‘Literal Interpretation Parts’ you are creating here.Nice work.

Low top version available too. Wink

Randy, that would be them.

Hollywood, that is the way my mind works. I take things a bit too literal sometimes. WinkTongue out

David,

Look at the name on the ankle bone patch… I believe Chuck Taylor’s were my first mention! Tongue out

I’m enjoying your build too.

John

John, I didn’t comprehend your first post. My mind was fixated on what brand name. I was thinking make, not model, or what church, not what pew or…

Anyway, I was just finishing up my 2 pair of shoes, when the sanding drum on the Dremel snagged on the shoe I was working on, snatching it from my fingers and launching it… Do you realize, that a small object, accelerated to high velocity, can actually vanish?

I don’t think my shoes look as close to their intended prototype as I wanted them too. But since rule one here is the 10 foot rule, and since this is a whimsy build, I am pressing on. I need to make a fifth shoe, so I have 2 pair, and then I need to make the brake shoe hangers.

I to am appreciating the literal interpretation. It took awhile for the light to come on but then it did and I was like “Oh yeah I get it now” Before that it was the ugliest set of leaf springs and journals and I was lost on the tennis shoes.

Devon, yea, well, its a project that had been languishing in my fevered mind for years. I am hoping to get it far enough along that folks can see what I am trying to do.

David Maynard said:

… the loins share of the work …

… Well, rule one IS “Have fun.” … (Cheeky winkyface goes here.)

HUGE bravos for those journals, David! If you please I shall henceforth bow my head and refer to you as Master Maynard.

We amaze ourselves sometimes, and, oh, what a sense of satisfaction accompanies these triumphs of ours!
Thank you for showing us your method, David.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s not at all about being cheap. No way.
It’s knowing one can do the thing, especially a new thing, then the pleasure and the challenge of doing it.

Thanks to the inspiration I have received in these posts of yours. I’m certain I shall be creating home made journals in my own future projects.

Cheers!

I’m waiting to see the “knuckle” couplers. :wink:

Todd, oh no! I want to make Lincoln Pin couplers for it.

I suppose it could be Lincoln Pin’s knuckles being used for couplers.

I can wait to see what a Lincoln Pin coupler looks like

Devon, tonight I made the end doors out of card-stock. Tomorrow I had better start uploading pictures. Once the body work is done, I will get back to them pesky little details.

How 'bout a “cup a LA”? (Actually, kind of goes with The California Experience.)

(http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608055507140675592&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0)

or:

(http://www.mountlowe.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mountlowe-collection-metalware-pewtercup-2.jpg)

Just what will that roundy thing be??

Todd, the project has kind of stalled this past week due to other obligations. So today I want to bust out the majaority of the structure. Then it will become aparent what the round thing is going to be.

So, I figure its time to upload pictures of what I did do recently. The shoes have been made, and are primed in white.