Large Scale Central

Shannon Car Shops 2018 build challange log

Guys, I am formally withdrawing from the contest. This “cold” that I have been fighting has turned into something more severe, pneumonia. Friday on my way to work, I dozed off for a moment, and my van rolled into the car in front of me. No one was hurt, and the damage was very minor. That was my wake up call to go see a doctor. When he diagnosed my condition as pneumonia, I really wasn’t surprised. I am now on medication for the pneumonia, but I am still sleeping most of the time.

I would have liked to participated in this year’s challenge, but I have lost too much time, and I do not know when I will be awake enough, long enough, to play with power tools.

Take care of yourself. There is some really bad stuff running around this year. Don’t become one of the statistics.,

Praying for your health buddy

Please take care of your self first.

Maybe get a second opinion too?

My pneumonia at urgent care turned out to be Lung Cancer at the hospital.

I beat it, but it’s an entirely different battle.

No smoking please, it took that cancer to get me to quit, please, me brother from a different mother, it’s time.

Since I have a “compromised” immune system I feel fortunate to have avoided all the challenges this winter. Stay healthy!

Get some rest and don’t worry about us knuckleheads. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Yikes! Get well quick!

Let’s hope it “just” pneumonia. You take care of yourself and take it seriously. I can’t stand doctors, but I hope you keep them close by for a while. We want you to get better soon. If you get bored and need to kill some time between rests, call me and listen to me whine about how I’m not getting my challenge done.

John Passaro said:

Let’s hope it “just” pneumonia. You take care of yourself and take it seriously. I can’t stand doctors, but I hope you keep them close by for a while. We want you to get better soon. If you get bored and need to kill some time between rests, call me and listen to me whine about how I’m not getting my challenge done.

Hey! At least you have done some prep work. Best I’ve done is pull a thousand pins from 2 dozen sticks!

John Caughey said:

Please take care of your self first.

Maybe get a second opinion too?

My pneumonia at urgent care turned out to be Lung Cancer at the hospital.

I beat it, but it’s an entirely different battle.

No smoking please, it took that cancer to get me to quit, please, me brother from a different mother, it’s time.

John, if I don’t start seeing some improvement. then I will be getting another opinion. This cold was going around the nursing home where my mom works. Most of the staff has had it. A few of the staff members ended up going to the emergency room because it “got worse” and “they kept them”. I wasn’t told why the hospital kept those few staff members. Since this illness has been known to escalate to some kind of lung/respiratory infection, I am very hopeful that the antibiotics will take care of it. Time will tell. But yes I am going to take care of myself, because I am the only me that I have.

I pray you are correct, even tho the smok… er um (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif).

Still be very cautious and stay hydrated.

You are our only King!

David, it’s been too long since you’ve checked in. Please let us know you’ve beaten that bug you caught!

John, I am lurking here a little. I don’t have the mental concentration to follow all the threads. I am still sleeping a lot. 2 more days and I will be done with the antibiotics. I am no longer coughing up small furry animals, in fact I am hardly coughing at all.

Besides being tired most of the time, I am feeling better, or, more accurately, I am feeling less bad.

Good to hear that you are on the mend.

Dave,

Glad you hear you are on the mend! Take some virtual sunshine from the Aloha State!

Eric

Thanks. Right now we are getting ours in the form of a white, cold, substance falling from the sky.

I am happy to hear you are on the upside of this crud!

David glad you’re on the mend

Yea Devon, I am less bad every day. Soon I will be asking you when your railroad will be finished… (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Lol I will for sure know your back on your feet when that happens