Large Scale Central

Scratch-built Snowplow

Nice rivet detail. Are they individual glue-on rivets?

Jon Radder said:

Nice rivet detail. Are they individual glue-on rivets?

Thank you, Jon. Yes, they are individually done. I cut them from small diameter styrene tubing. (I think 0.5mm)

John maybe .05 .5 is like a 1/4" and that would be 1 big rivet, but anyway how did you get them to be rounded, thanks for the share,

Bill

Bill,

Check your math; .5 mm is less than 2/100ths of an inch- .5/25.4=.0196… i just bought some .8mm hex nuts and I assure you they are much much much smaller than a half and inch. I think you are thinking cm

I’d use a cup burr chucked in my flex shaft hand piece.

Blown up:

Of course they found their way into my tool box when I was shaping prongs…

Devon Sinsley said:

Bill,

Check your math; .5 mm is less than 2/100ths of an inch- .5/25.4=.0196… i just bought some .8mm hex nuts and I assure you they are much much much smaller than a half and inch. I think you are thinking cm

Yep, my bad

John Caughey said:

Blown up:

you’re making my head hurt just thinking of all the work, WOW

They’re not really round, but its funny how they look that way. All I did was cut them from the tubing. And, I was wrong, by the way. I’m using 1.2mm tubing (Evergreen Scale Models 221) for my rivets. My apologizes for the error.

John Wilda said:

They’re not really round, but its funny how they look that way. All I did was cut them from the tubing. And, I was wrong, by the way. I’m using 1.2mm tubing (Evergreen Scale Models 221) for my rivets. My apologizes for the error.

Well the look good

Bill Barnwell said:

John Caughey said:

Blown up:

you’re making my head hurt just thinking of all the work, WOW

Really?

Less than a second a rivet, shape all at the same time … easy peasy in my book.

PS to get quotes boxed up neat make sure your cursor is low enough to shift left.