Large Scale Central

Scranton TV Backyard Train on John Oliver

Did not know you had a hand in this Ken, can you share some of the construction or other details?

Greg

Heres the latest from John Oliver, including Stantons exceptionally well played revenge on John (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Pete, looking at that last video, the bottom level sure looks G scale, it’s definitely not 3 rail… what do you see? Greg

Pete Thornton said:

I was hoping that they could use the “new” layout in the “back yard” that the news program was using,

If you look closely at the TV clip, it seems the new/donated layout is partly Lionel gauge O 3-rail and partly HO. The original Scranton News layout was clearly LGB gauge 1.

Vic, thanks for the initial heads up. The John Oliver clip is, as was said, “hilarious.” I LOL-ed like crazy. And I’m glad that Scranton got the layout.

Thanks Vic!

G on the bottom, the O was mid level with HO on top, if my good eye is seeing it.

I guess we can try to identify the manufacturers of the G train… Not an expert spotter, but isn’t that an LGB loco, and heck it looks like an MDC hopper, but it’s too big so maybe an aristo?

The bobber with white ladders should be a giveaway to someone.

Maybe it’s all LGB?

Greg

The G on the bottom is a Piko 0-6-0 starter set, running on what looks like an 18’ or 20’ diameter circle

Thanks Vic, can always depend on you!

Greg