Large Scale Central

REVO II Speed Curve

Need to get Navin to put this back on his site… glad we have Joe!

Steve Featherkile said:

I have my two GN SD 45s mu’d together, and found that both have to have the same "speed steps indicated, for the mu to indicate the value you want, otherwise, the mu value will default to “3.”

The easiest way to MU the same model of locomotive with the Revolution throttle is to give them both the same linking and cab number. Then go through the linking process with each separately. They will respond as one when you are done. No need to mess with start speeds, speed curves, or top speeds.

If you want to run them separately later on, just change the linking number and cab number on one and go through the linking process with it.

Paul that assumes that the 2 locomotives run at about the same speed for any given voltage.

David Maynard said:

Paul that assumes that the 2 locomotives run at about the same speed for any given voltage.

I didn’t know you used the Revo ?

Hi all, I wrote to JK and he will post instructions on the Revolution web site soon. Good suggestion from Greg.

I have no idea why that paragraph was deleted from the current manual.

Don

David Maynard said:

Yes, however the lead with slow down entering a curve or starting up a grade.

But if they are the same model they should be close to the same draw and speed.

I ran pairs of my GP-40s and GP-9s this way for years.

I think we have gone beyond the easy stuff once we started this thread and went “past” starting speed.

The nice thing is there is a way to run different locos together that are NOT speed matched on DC.

The much more sophisticated things DCC can do for consisting is one of the attractions of DCC…

Believe it or not this is the simple stuff… now having the sound units automatically understand which sounds according to which direction and where in the consist they are is nice…

But anyway, the Revo has a nice set of features that are a nice middle ground between basic remote control and DCC.

Greg