Large Scale Central

Post counts

Well Sean - I didn’t respond earlier because the tone of the thread very quickly went toward the opinion that people with high post counts had contributed little or no quality content. I don’t agree with that sentiment at all. With the possible exception of HJ, the top 5 posters have been consistent contributors of quality content like build threads and garden / equipment photos and videos. Some of it long ago, but the content still exists and most of the top 5 maintain their old content for future readers by keeping the photos and links working where possible.

My count soared early after joining because I had very little to do at a full time desk job and spent a good 5 hours on most weekdays being paid to post (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)Lately, I don’t post unless I have something to share or add to a discussion. I’ll be quite happy to step down from the top spot as for me it is a sign of having no life (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

And my opinion of the Thanked count differs from the majority of posts in this thread as well. I use the Thank button to indicate I have read a post and liked it without adding a one word response post. It doesn’t matter if it was a valuable piece of information I was seeking, or a post that made me smile, or my acknowledgement of a reply on one of my threads.

Personally; I don’t think we need the statistics. We all have our favorite posters that we follow and I doubt anyone looks at the Post or Thanked count to determine what posts they should read.

Jon Radder said:

And my opinion of the Thanked count differs from the majority of posts in this thread as well. I use the Thank button to indicate I have read a post and liked it without adding a one word response post. It doesn’t matter if it was a valuable piece of information I was seeking, or a post that made me smile, or my acknowledgement of a reply on one of my threads.

Personally; I don’t think we need the statistics. We all have our favorite posters that we follow and I doubt anyone looks at the Post or Thanked count to determine what posts they should read.

Pretty much Jon! One nice thing about the “Thank” button is letting the poster know that you are watching and following along enjoying his/her work/posting. If one wants to play statistics look at the “Thank ratio” as to whom thanks others for their post or whom expects thanks for their post? Post count matters not as it’s all about the content as stated by the experts.

Either way it’s a hobby and we are blessed with one of the “very few large scale train modeling forums” out there on the WWW…HTTP or HTTPS matters not, it’s all about sharing a hobby not about stats or whom is greater then the next.