Large Scale Central

passenger car framing

I agree with Jon and congratulations on the First Place Passenger Car at NNGC.

On another note I was surprised to see your reputation at neutral. Anybody that can win a National level model contest (especially a category at the NNGC) deserves some props. Reputation added my friend.

Another LSC member puts a mark in the win column!

Jon Radder said:

Gee, if you had waited until January and cut it from single too by fore you could have swept the Mik Challenge! …

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Nobody would have stood a chance this year!

Dan, this is high craftsmanship indeed and the first place was well-deserved. It’s actually fascinating to me; I love intricate and complicated work. There’s no way I’d finish this out, and the idea of a car shop would make a perfect “display case.”

Thanks Guys for all your praise, but not necessary. I just like building railroad related Items for the fun of it. I had not intended to enter the contest , but a old friend twisted my arm and told me to as I had not entered a contest since the late 80’s. This is not the first time I won at a national Narrow gauge Convention. I took top honors several times for some of the On3 cars I built, but after winning the Gazette Award in 86 for a 1/2 scale RGS 02 Plow, I stopped entering contests. Figured I would let some other deserving soul show what he could do and take the glory plus I ran out of space on the wall for more plaques and ribbons. My Goal now is to recreate Cumbres Pass as it looked in 1938 in 1:20.3 scale with the Section house, bunk house water tanks and station along with the Misc sheds and such. I already have the Original Station built and last year I spent several hours measuring and photographing the section house and the water tank is half way built. You can see other photos in my Freight Shed directory.

Cumbres Station

http://www.largescalecentral.com/filesharing/file/view/6707/20160507-192142-jpg

Dan