Large Scale Central

Operations on the J&B: November 2013

Shawn Viggiano said:

Looks like a great day. Ken is becoming a celebrity. If he could only make money each he is in a picture :wink:

Shawn, I think it should be the other way around… Ken should pay us for posting his pictures and advertising his travels… :slight_smile:

Ken looks more like a typical railroad supervisor!

Shawn Viggiano said:

Looks like a great day. Ken is becoming a celebrity. If he could only make money each he is in a picture :wink:

“Have Train, Will Travel”…:wink:

“It’s actually a pretty easy assignment this time around as we only pick up one car and set out 2. We’re done after about an hour and we take the train to Lexington.”

I had to chuckle on that one. If so simple why’d it take and hour!!

Jake Smith said:

“It’s actually a pretty easy assignment this time around as we only pick up one car and set out 2. We’re done after about an hour and we take the train to Lexington.”

I had to chuckle on that one. If so simple why’d it take and hour!!

Compared to Train 2 and what we typically run into here, yea, that was relatively simple.

It really only took 45 minutes, the other 15 was spent scratching our heads…:wink:

Tk’s sharing the photos.

This is something we are going to have to start doing when we get some kind of a work sheet to work with for our layout. Looks like a lot of fun you had.
Like the building you have around in it. nice.

Noel, you might want to take a look at JMRI - it fills out everything for you.

Bruce Chandler said:

Not sure Bruce C. But that looks like computer control for maybe batt. or DCC stuff. I started to download it and it a very large program that i canceled and not looking like anything we can use? We are just track power with Blocks & Aristo TM’s. Just looking for a Form to fill out to use as a dispatch for a train run.

JMRI is way over our heads, I think.

Noel Wilson said:

Bruce Chandler said:

Not sure Bruce C. But that looks like computer control for maybe batt. or DCC stuff. I started to download it and it a very large program that i canceled and not looking like anything we can use? We are just track power with Blocks & Aristo TM’s. Just looking for a Form to fill out to use as a dispatch for a train run.

JMRI is way over our heads, I think.

Most of it is for DCC. We just use the “Operations” part of it.

Nice report, thanks for sharing. Just back and catching up on postings.

My family and I had the pleasure of visiting the Jackson & Burke RR this morning. Unfortunately, my son Andy was feeling decidedly under the weather, so a full operating session wasn’t in the cards. (You know when he’d rather be curled up on the couch in the living room than outside with the trains, he’s hurtin’ pretty bad.) Never-the-less, I did have a chance to run a train around the line, and definitely look forward to switching some cars on my next visit east. (Suzi did get a little bit of switching in, mostly to pick up a hopper car to give her Barbies a tour of the railroad.) Some of those yards look downright diabolical–my kind of switching! It’s a delightful railroad, and I enjoyed finally getting a chance to see Bruce’s models in person. Thanks again for hosting us!

Later,

K

PS - Fortunately, Children’s Motrin seemed to clear up whatever bug was ailing Andy, and by mid-afternoon, he was out running trains on the Woodland Railway.