Large Scale Central

New storage area

The numbers are to identify tracks in the shed… If you look close, you will see "“M1"” and an “M2"”, those two tracks are Marty’s Mainlines… M1 is the outside Mainline, and M2 is the inside mainline…

If you notice, the odd numbers are on the outside mainline (except for track 3), and the even nunbers are on the inside mainline… Track number 3 is between M1 & M2.

Andy Clarke said:

The numbers are to identify tracks in the shed… If you look close, you will see "“M1"” and an “M2"”, those two tracks are Marty’s Mainlines… M1 is the outside Mainline, and M2 is the inside mainline…

If you notice, the odd numbers are on the outside mainline (except for track 3), and the even nunbers are on the inside mainline… Track number 3 is between M1 & M2.

Sure… put Track 3 between M1 and M2… then have head on… ya right…hahaha.

Well I guess I get it… but if I was on track inside main and was told to come in on track 7, I would have to go to the end of the shed and set there for a min. and wonder how that got nbr’ed and how I would get there. Be lost due not sure how I would get there with out the 0-5-0?

Guess one would have to be there on a train run to understand the nbrs. We didn’t see the other side of all of the nbrs. So guess that how we got confused.

Now he has another storage shed probably with more nbr.s Anything over 3 and we lost. lol

Ok I’m going to really mess up our guys on train run here and put track nbr’s all round the layout and let them fig. out what track they are on when they call in for a block to go green for them… lol.

The remember me button on this site is broken, I have to log in about everyother time.

Andy is right, good job.

Now my goal is to only park my passenger trains on the outter two of each side to keep all the centers clear to be used.

I used to have troubles keeping the mainlines clear in the past, thus I marked them.

Marty,

That problem must be on your end, since the remember me function works for me.

Marty’s wright it’s happing to me also

dick

Richard Beverly said:

Marty’s right it’s happening to me also

dick

How can you figure Marty is right when it doesn’t happen to me? You fellas must have some setting that is dumping your cookies when you shut down. You need to retain the cookie for LSC for the remember function to work. It IS on your end.

All other sites works for me, even the ones I only go to maybe once a week, I’m come here about 2 to6 times a day depending if I am working.

In the photo the sides are 18" high, they could be 15" and clear. I also could have made the tracks closer for one more line , but 7" O.C. works well.

Depending on car size, right now I have 175 cars in there

That is a awesome building Marty. It should take care of you for a while. What does the opening end look like. One big door and then you just pull out whatever string of cars you want.

Paul

the bottom half lifts out. in this photo

Marty

how tall to the peak ?

thanks dick

“Depending on car size, right now I have 175 cars in there”

Holy… WOW!!!

Dick

it is a 4/12 pitch so i think its 32" .

Joe

I would have never dreamed of having this much rolling stock.

And there is more on the shelves inside the shop. The old shed is still empty.

thanks Marty

should have just asked what the pitch was.

dick

Love the sign off to the right in the last photo.

Last photo for this project. I do not plan to ballast this area so that folks don't pick up rocks on their shoes and get them in the switches.
I still have lots more clean up and to build a structure and Indus where the pole is.
I do have two longer lead tracks for that crazy Ills bunch to switch on cars on.

*** BTY, my log in the last two days has been working, I have no idea what changed.

Marty??? I represent that “Crazy illinois Bunch”" remark… :slight_smile:

The whole project looks great…

Any update on the ““Canyon””???

Maybe you guys can come early and try this out for switching.

BTY Carrie/I are still planning (based on her work) to come visit one of those dates you posted. We’ll look for a cheap motel in that area.

As for the Canyon, it is spelled, M U D H O L E still…

I have a nmuber of small track repairs still from the trees missing their mark. I guess It will be another month before it starts.

The bridge steel has been here for awhile, just need to know the size between the abutments that are not in yet.

I understand about a mud hole… have a few of those around here too…

I’ll send ya hotel info…

Andy Clarke said:

I understand about a mud hole… have a few of those around here too…

I’ll send ya hotel info…

Marty must be a very tolerant man to allow you on his property dad!

“I do have two longer lead tracks for that crazy Ills bunch to switch on cars on.”

Understand and it is appreciated. :wink: