Large Scale Central

New Here & Starting A Small Indoor Layout

" Rooster " said:

Welcome to LSC Steve ,

Just west of Harrisburg PA myself …the old CVRR main still runs behind my house now owned by NS …

Thanks Rooster,

I’m about an hour and half west of Harrisburg. NS runs through town here. Hear them every night… lol

Off to start posting some noob pictures and mistakes. Lol

Steve

anyone have ideas or suggestions on creating a lift out section? The easier the better?

Thx

Right side of layout

And the Mistake…

Looks like you should hinge a board to swing up and fill the void.

Can you stick a sheet of sand paper to a big book and sand that area smooth? Not a favorite book…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

John Caughey said:

Looks like you should hinge a board to swing up and fill the void.

Can you stick a sheet of sand paper to a big book and sand that area smooth? Not a favorite book…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

John, I used lightweight spackling which didn’t like my foam, it wouldn’t stick to it. Sanding actually made it worse and the foam didn’t like the sandpaper.

I think I’m going to have to do some research on doing the lift out section… if I do a hinged lift up, wouldn’t track get in the way, plus once down, track would be short…

Steve

Use short sections to span the gaps.

To fill gaps in foam, I use…foam, namely Great Stuff spray foam. Be careful with it, its quite sticky when you accidentally spray it where you don’t want it and try to wipe it off. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

Once it cures, you can trim it with a utility knife, or fine tooth saw blade. Then sand it down even with your sheet foam stock.

I was thinking a Rube’s connection to the door> close the door and the shelf rises, open the door and it falls away.

Depends on where you design the hinges to live.

Short lift out track sections cover the gaps.

John Caughey said:

I was thinking a Rube’s connection to the door> close the door and the shelf rises, open the door and it falls away.

Depends on where you design the hinges to live.

Short lift out track sections cover the gaps.

I will probably have to take the easy way out and just do slide in, slide out, since I have no idea what I’m doing. Lol.

Can someone tell me why I have a hard time posting pics. When I add the url, it’s always broken, but i can put it in the address and it shows up fine.

Are there spaces in the name? Spaces in the name cause things to not post correctly.

Also are you nabbing the URL for the picture, or the page the picture is on?

David Maynard said:

Are there spaces in the name? Spaces in the name cause things to not post correctly.

Url for the picture, nope I don’t see any spaces in it. I’ll try again.

David Maynard said:

Url for the picture, actually I have tried both. nope I don’t see any spaces in it. I’ll try again.

With Chrome I opened the pic, right clicked on the pic and copied the location, pasted that in the box…

That’s the update for now… I have one other problem i need help with… I’ll post another reply…

Steve

ok, a while ago I paid a company to add piko’s new motor block, dcc and sound. Needless to say i have to take it part for a few reasons, which I dread… but the main reason is because of this noise, that is only heard in reverse and on curves. (R1 and R3). Help if you can, please. Thanks.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.

any other suggestions as I move forward?

Steve said:

any other suggestions as I move forward?

What are your plans for opening the mini blinds and cleaning the drapes a few years from now ?

Scherzer rolling lift bridges