Large Scale Central

National Garden Railway Convention in SF Bay Area

That is a nice lookin car.

If it came in 1:20.3 I would be all over it.

I was all over it yesterday, took the car home, put some Bachmann 92421 metal wheels on and ran it with my other 1:22.5, 1:24, and 1:29 gauge rolling stock. It looks beautiful!!

USA Trains makes great trains, don’t they? Love the billboard reefers!

Michael Kirrene said:

I was all over it yesterday, took the car home, put some Bachmann 92421 metal wheels on and ran it with my other 1:22.5, 1:24, and 1:29 gauge rolling stock. It looks beautiful!!

Pictures Michael… Pictures!

It looks like the USA Convention Car Reefer might be a sell out! Pre-Orders are moving at a very brisk pace.

Russ Miller

NGRC 2016 Chairman

deleted

I visited Roaring Camp yesterday for their Father’s Day weekend events. BAGRS was running their Live Steam Oval and MovieMix and DPSL had their modular layouts running. It was very crowded and we talked with many families about the up coming National Garden Railway Convention. I also met with our contacts there to finalize our plans for the large NGRC BBQ and Train Rides planned for Wednesday, July 6th. We’ve chartered two trains, each can take 200 people up Bear Mountain. Now many of you know, we are going to give away a cab ride on each train as a door prize for those attending the BBQ. So as I was discussing the logistics of this with our representative the topic of getting a ride for me came up. The next thing I knew, I was in the cab of Shay #7, an ex-Westside Shay built in 1911! I can now tell you first hand that the ride in the cab is exciting, loud, hot and truly amazing to experience!

Fireman in the Shay

I just made hotel reservations and registered today…a nice Fathers Day gift. We are coming up Wednesday and staying through Saturday. I’ve never attended one at this level and am really looking forward to it. I have a few questions but will post those on the FB page.

Richard

Congrats on your first cab ride. The experience can be truly addictive. Did you get to throw some coal into the inferno?

I just ordered the convention car. This will be my first convention since the 1990 San Diego----they didn’t have a car (that I remember).

I am excited about getting it.

Ron

I will be robbing the Roaring Camp Bear Mountain trains over the Labor Day weekend (September 3-4-5, 2016). If anyone come up, say high after you’ve been Robbed and say you’re a LSC member! I rode in the cab of both Shays and even sat in the right seat on the way up! I been robbing those trains for upwards of 35 years, and they still haven’t got the idea to keep off Bear Mountain on special weekends!(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

Convention starts this weekend! I can’t believe it is finally here… This Weekends tours are in the Redding area and Sonoma and Marin Counties. We have decided to make the information on these layouts available to everyone so more people could get a chance to see these incredible layouts. Go here to see the information and a sneak peak at the 100 page Convention Book: http://www.ngrc2016.org/July-2-3-Marin-&-Sonoma-Counties

See you at the show!

Russ Miller

NGRC 2016 Chairman

Dang wish I could be there :frowning:

Russ, I’m with Vic (sorry to not be in attendance). Trains are on the siding as my website consumes most of my time–for no monetary gain! But I’ll bethinking of the BAGRS next week.

Joe Rusz said:

Russ, I’m with Vic (sorry to not be in attendance). Trains are on the siding as my website consumes most of my time–for no monetary gain! But I’ll bethinking of the BAGRS next week.

Joe, we all need a break… Come on up for a couple of days. This weekend there are some spectacular layouts open and since they are pre-convention they are free to all!

Russ Miller

NGRC 2016 Chairman