Large Scale Central

Modern town water towers

I like 'em Andy, Everytime I see pictures of your layout it just looks better and better. Details like these really make it. It’s a wonder you get anything done with the kid pulling at your sleeve about corncob towers, Amtrak and such… (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Now, for you guys with a “tilted” sense of humor, here’s one that can be seen from I-40 near Groom, Texas. It’s leaning at about an 80 degree angle, balanced on two legs, with the other two sticking up in the air.

Bob

Andy those look awesome!!

Bob, that would make a great model…

Ustawas a water tower off of the Garden State Parkway in the shape of a soda bottle for Hoffman Beverages. Don’t know if it’s still there.

There also is this one I did using an old gazing ball base and my retired bowling ball.

As a water utility guy I always look at a towns water tower and their fire hydrants. It the only visible part of their infrastructure you can see. My wife thinks I am crazy because I am always pointing them out.

Pointing out fire hydrants and playing with toy trains…

Nope, you are as normal as I am. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

David Maynard said:

Pointing out fire hydrants and playing with toy trains…

Nope, you are as normal as I am. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

My kids always say I am a nerd. I tell them I am not nerd nor am I cool. I am really what the cool kids wanna be.

uh huh.

Those are some pretty funky water towers, cool stuff.

The water towers look good!

Devon Sinsley said:

As a water utility guy I always look at a towns water tower and their fire hydrants. It the only visible part of their infrastructure you can see. My wife thinks I am crazy because I am always pointing them out.

She’s right, so are your kids, but that’s OK, we are too. You are in good company.

Riding in a vehicle with Andy and Jane, as Jan and I do quite a bit, there is this on going conversation between the two of them. It usually restarts or continues with a statement, “how about that one?” or that could be done with a soda bottle. The Coca Cola Bottling Plant on their layout in Overlook has Coke bottles on top, that could be s sign or a series of water towers. I think one of participants here provided those bottles. Makes a good roof top accesso

With a layout, so large, its nice to have the water towers as reference points when speaking of an area. Much like grain elevators out on the prairie.

Steve Featherkile said:

Devon Sinsley said:

She’s right, so are your kids, but that’s OK, we are too. You are in good company.

I am “good” company? And so is Rooster? Who wouldda thunk it?