Large Scale Central

MLS cloud down

They said the FTP server that hosts the photos was not migrated with the forums, but has (apparently) been re-linked again.

Later,

K

so the ftp server did not work for you, but it did for me? BS, maybe it sensed your login and gave you issues, but then when i logged in, no issues… come one…, but of course they are supremely credible… i believe everything they say over my years of experience of course…

Got a nice bridge for sale…

Greg

Brooklyn or Golden Gate?

That’s the point David! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

Seriously, unlike people, the web site will not act differently for different people It has to be the user’s personal configuration or a local routing somewhere between him and the server.

The internet is a complex beast and you have to realize that maintenance and re-routing of information happens constantly. “detours” in the route will cause issues.

Greg

David Maynard said:

Brooklyn or Golden Gate?

I can make you a great deal on this one:

Oops maybe not. Harmonic Vibrations … vibrations that boost each other generating the forces seen.

I had a copper pipe that failed at the bead (compression coupling) on a big Evap unit. The harmonics amplified the vibrations until all you could see was a fuzzy pipe. In no time the copper work hardened past brittle to failure! Sis couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t fix it right the first time! I was sure I had and didn’t see it vibrate!

The installer left the customary loop for future repairs and other great ideas … a bit of string dampened the bad vibes and all is good. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Yeah, copper work hardens something fierce… people think because it is soft it stays flexible… nope…

I think only gold and lead do not work harden in the common metals.

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Yeah, copper work hardens something fierce… people think because it is soft it stays flexible… nope…

I think only gold and lead do not work harden in the common metals.

Greg

Fortunately gold does work harden, as does Silver.

We made inlay jewelry in Laguna Beach and needed a stiff frame for a long life.

I used Battern’s Self Pickling flux because you could prevent anealing when hard soldering. Nothing worse than a floppy ear wire on a honkin ol diamond stud.

Since lead can eat silver and gold, I avoided it.

I meant gold in it’s pure state, as an element… pretty sure it does not work harden… and just confirmed lead, the description I read is lead “self anneals” at room temperature.

Greg

I’m suspecting the MLS Cloud is down due to the lack of element 115

This post has been reedited by: Rooster …7:29pm est

Greg Elmassian said:

so the ftp server did not work for you, but it did for me? BS, maybe it sensed your login and gave you issues, but then when i logged in, no issues… come one…, but of course they are supremely credible…

Haven’t a clue, Greg. I had the same issues on multiple platforms (mobile, PC), multiple access points (mobile via WiFi and LTE, work computer, home), different browsers, different operating systems, my log-in, my wife’s log-in, and no log-in at all. Lots of variables seemed to indicate to me that the problem wasn’t on “my end.” I raised the issue with the site techies, and a few days later, the photos show up again on all platforms and all access points. I did nothing different on my end , so that leaves their end or someplace in the middle. Whatever, wherever, however, it’s working now. What the problem “really” was? Dunno. They could have told me Joe in shipping backed the forklift into the rackroom in a fit of rage over someone stealing his bologna sandwich and that took things offline. Does it really matter? Working now. That’s what counts.

Later,

K

Element 115 again

(response stifled)

Greg

Sounds like an Archie Bunker response (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

" Rooster " said:

I’m suspecting the MLS Cloud is down due to the lack of element 115

Na they found the cloud floated away and is now over Russia. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)Later RJD

This post has been reedited by: Rooster …7:29pm est