Large Scale Central

mini/hobby table saws

Pete, yes, my Proxxon is essentially what you have, an earlier version of that saw. But the Proxxon is green. Green is a good colour. I never tried cutting metal with mine, but I have cut extruded styrofoam, Homasote, Plexiglas, ABS, PVC, and styrene with mine, as well as various hardwoods and softwoods.

David Maynard said:

Pete, yes, my Proxxon is essentially what you have, an earlier version of that saw. But the Proxxon is green. Green is a good colour. I never tried cutting metal with mine, but I have cut extruded styrofoam, Homasote, Plexiglas, ABS, PVC, and styrene with mine, as well as various hardwoods and softwoods.

ever cut your booger getter?

I have both the Harbor Freight MightyMite 4" table saw, and the 2" mini benchtop cut-off saw, both are dirt cheap, and while they both do the job, you get what you pay for, namely anything bigger than 1/4" or 3/8" and you risk binding up the blades, anything close to any harder wood than basswood you will bind up the blade unless you are very slow feeding it. Overall, what the hey, they do work, but only for the most lightweight of cutting jobs.

I have a Jarmac and i like it. It’s accurate and can cut up to 1/2. For bigger I use my big saw. I also have a harbor freight saw. I only use it for cutoff work it seems to keep square.

T

Devon Sinsley said:

David Maynard said:

ever cut your booger getter?

Devon, no, no I haven’t.