Large Scale Central

Lithium Ion 11.1 volt Charger

Greg,

No jumpers, you have to buy either a 3S or 4S PCB…

Michael

Thanks Michael, looked so quickly did not notice the “option” box to select which… makes more sense at that price they are hardwired.

Flipping the option, I see it’s more for the 4S version…

Greg

Ok, I am track power guy, so I don’t know the ins and outs of battery systems. But I have to wonder, if I have 3 batteries in series, all charged up about the same, why would they not discharge about the same under load? And would they not charge at about the same rate when charged in series? If so, then how would one get into a condition where one battery would be close to full charge when the other 2 were more discharged?

No 2 cells are ever identical, and when one fails, the others will probably fail in the near term but not at the same time…

Yes they charge at the same amperage, but not the same rate, the rate of charge is really dependent on battery condition and state of charge.

Greg

0-4-0 R/C Upgrade

Thanks very much to all for your comments. During the rewire, I determined that I could open the area under the removeable coal load and create an opening big enough to remove the batteries individually for recharging. I do keep close tabs on the charge level of each battery. Also, since I use individual batteries for passenger car lighting and future projects, it seems like a simple answer for now.

This blog gives a good overview of batteries on model trains.

https://riksrailway.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-quick-introduction-to-batteries-for.html#packs

Blogger is mostly found on G Scale Central an English site he is very active in battery remote control.