Large Scale Central

LGB Repair time!

Perhaps the fact that the San Diego facility is in the midst of a physical move has something to do with it?

It’s time to come to grips with the fact that Maerklin is now responsible for repairing LGB products since they are not contracting the repair work to anyone here in the States.

Although I don’t own any LGB locomotives, I’ve always admired them from a distance.

One thing I found curious is that the sound always seemed to appear after the loco started moving. I’ve noticed that the start-up sounds would appear only after the loco was traveling at 20 scale mph, or so. Fascinating.

John Joseph Sauer said:
Perhaps the fact that the San Diego facility is in the midst of a physical move has something to do with it? It’s time to come to grips with the fact that Maerklin is now responsible for repairing LGB products since they are not contracting the repair work to anyone here in the States.

Get out the violins!

(http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/musik/music-smiley-019.gif)

The delays have been going on for months! Anyone who can read, and read in the right places :wink: , knew about it!

Don’t recall anyone asking for pity- espacially from your highness- the Great Guru of Eveything Model Railroading.
Just stating a fact- It’s time for Maerklin to step up to the plate and take responsibility for THIER product line.

So, I guess it’s too late to send in the broken LGB 2-4-0 sitting on my shelf. :frowning: The one that’s been there a couple years waiting for me to fix it. I was planning to get around to it right after I fix all the Bachmann 4-6-0s I have with stripped gears… On the other hand, they look just fine sitting on the shelf. :smiley:

Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH
Stuttgarter Straße 55-57
D-73033 Göppingen

Telefon: +49 (0) 71 61 / 608-0
Telefax: +49 (0) 71 61 / 698-20

Good luck!

John Joseph Sauer said:
Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH Stuttgarter Straße 55-57 D-73033 Göppingen

Telefon: +49 (0) 71 61 / 608-0
Telefax: +49 (0) 71 61 / 698-20

Good luck!

Another piece of misleading info!

OK those who have LGB items that need repairs I suggest you contact:

LGB Customer Service said:
Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH Betriebsstätte Nürnberg (LGB) Witschelstraße 104 D – 90431 Nürnberg Tel. +49 (0) 911/83707-0 Fax +49 (0) 911/83707-70 Email: [email protected]

Reparaturen und Ersatzteilbestellungen können an die genannte Adresse gesendet oder auch direkt
in Nürnberg abgegeben und abgeholt werden. Die Öffnungszeiten des Kundendienstes sind:
Montag – Donnerstag: 07.30 Uhr bis 16.00 Uhr
Freitag 07.30 Uhr bis 13.00 Uhr

translation of the remarks:

Repairs and spare part orders can be sent to the above address or dropped of and picked up in Nürnberg at that address. The opening hours of customer service are: Mon- Thur 07:30 to 16:00; Fri 07:30 to 13:00

From what I’ve read so far the customer service seems to be functioning “nicely” in Germany!

Let’s see how it functions in regard to North America.

Wait until next week!

That’s getting reaaallllll old. Probably almost as old as you!

John Joseph Sauer said:
That's getting reaaallllll old. Probably almost as old as you!
We thought so too, while we waited for "next week". Until July 26th 2007 when it was "Judgment Day", in Nürnberg, no less! And the "wait until next week" came to nought.

Oh here is some more info regarding the LGB® Repair

LGB Customer Service said:
Leiter Kundendienst [i](Customer Service Mgr[/i]): Herr Leikamm 0911/83707-38 [email protected] Aufträge Kundendienst ([i] Customer Service Orders[/i]): Herr Spiegler 0911/83707-43 [email protected] MZS Kundendienst ([i] MTS Customer Service[/i]): Herr Jetzek 0911/83707-792 [email protected] Fax Kundendienst ([i]Customer Service[/i]): 0911/83707-818
The long distance area code for Germany is 011-49 drop the leading "0" in the phone number!

to reach Rene Leikamm dial 011-49-911-837-0738

Hope that helps. :wink: :slight_smile:

Steve, not so with my LGB Sumpter Valley Mallet with factory sound, at about three volts it starts making sounds, and does not move until about eight volts, with incredible sound effects. This is my only LGB loco with factory sound so it may not be indicative to all LGB locos. Love it.

Hj,

Do you think Maerklin has parts for all of those North American models out there?

John Joseph Sauer said:
Hj,

Do you think Maerklin has parts for all of those North American models out there?

Marvin,

I don’t know!

But they have the tooling and facilities to produce them - apparently there is the odd piece of tooling missing, but no big deal they know how to retool for whatever they need. That is considerably more than I would grant either LGBoA or SilverGate without some substantial proof!

Curmudgeon said:
Wait until next week!
The wait was over two weeks ago! Garden Railways arrived like a broken clock..... TIC, TIC, TIC, but no TOC!
Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
John Joseph Sauer said:
Hj,

Marvin,

I don’t know!

But they have the tooling and facilities to produce them - apparently there is the odd piece of tooling missing, but no big deal they know how to retool for whatever they need. That is considerably more than I would grant either LGBoA or SilverGate without some substantial proof!

That would depend on whether they moved all of the tooling back from China which I seriously doubt. I also seriously doubt seeing any new tooling anytime soon!
Good thing they make the G products in plastic- wouldn’t want any of that nasty “Zinpest” , eh?

What you doubt and other people know are two entirely different matters. :open_mouth:

Jack Barton said:
Curmudgeon said:
Wait until next week!
The wait was over two weeks ago! Garden Railways arrived like a broken clock..... TIC, TIC, TIC, but no TOC!
Jack, I too was disappointed that there were no Reviews by Dave in this past issue...so I drug my little collection of GR mags outta the closet to see just how many of his reviews had graced the mag since I began buying (first issue 12-04)...

I stumbled across the first review by Goodson in the June 2005 issue in regards to the 38 ton Shay.
In August 05 he reviewed the Bmann replacement trucks for the Shay.
Then we waited till 4-06 for the Bmann Railtruck review.
In June 06 he reviewed the “new” Bmann refercar kits.
more time passes and we find ourselves in June 07, with the Fn3 Flat Car Review, and the 3 Truck Shay.
Bmann was tossing all sorts of new prod at us, in the 8-07 issue, the New Side Tank Porter and Fn3 Box Cars shared the spread
Christmas in 07 was met w/o the K, but Dave did get a review of the 2 new Bmann Fn3 Tank Cars in time for print.
Feb 08 still no K, but we did read about the Side Dump Gon in Fn3.
Back in April we found out that Bachmann finally did get the K to market and in the Tender there is a socket for “some things to plug into” (or tear out and start over).and a few others, namely; a new switch and spiking tool

so there you go! when you need a TOC fix, drag 'em out and enjoy!

cale

For those who are interested in reading what LGB® and Märklin have up their sleeves; BTW the press release has been floating around since May 15th. :wink: :slight_smile: :wink: :slight_smile:

http://produktadmin.maerklin.de/presse-upload/0002-080515Pressemitteilung_MHI_in_Gyoer.pdf

Straight from the source! Do they have any credibility? A lot more than some yokels I can think of in the USA! Fire up the Chicken Dance Car!

In that PDF page 2nd paragraph mentions the LGB production in Györ and the new building which is almost complete and will provide the necessary expansion room for the 1:32 and the LGB production.

Gotta pretty things up to sell that IPO. It’s a shame your not as critical of Maerklin’s PR as that of other companies
I’ll believe it when we see some product coming from them - and I don’t mean stuff being finished up in China from before the EPL bankruptcy!. Only thing we’ve seen is a publicity photo taken when they marched thier dealers through the place.