Large Scale Central

LGB Porter Bash

OK…not trying to be a peckerhead even though I have one. However I’m questioning the diamond plate floor??

Because the original wood floor under it was a fire hazard.

John Bouck said:

Because the original wood floor under it was a fire hazard.

Oh, think positively, emergency fuel supply.

John,

Thanks for explaining the roof and painting techniques. I had to go back and look at the picture again after I read about the paint! I will definitely store those ideas away in my mind for future possibilities.

Steve

Mike,

I had a couple pics of the deck and trailing truck in my phone and sent them to a couple friends. We exchange project pics on a regular basis.

Now I must have deleted them. I’ll see if they still have them and could send them back.

The deck is basically 1/8 plywood, cut to width and length with a notch for the boiler. Then I added an identical piece made of 1/8 scribed plywood.

I added the diamond plate as an after thought, for something different. About half the length hangs over the back. So it is bolted onto the Porters original

deck with tiny bolts.

The trailing wheel is a little more complicated. An LGB Forneys pilot facing backwards. I reinforced the over hang with a little more plywood. The wheel is fastened by

a machine screw all the way through the deck with spacers and washers to adjust the height. I’ll take some pics for you later today.

i’m dreaming of a fleet of locos, that look so perfectly shabby.

John, thanks for the response, I look forward to pics. How did you handle the rear coupler? Did build a pocket frame, gluing same to the to the plywood deck extension?

Mike

Some build pics, in no particular order.

Trailing control car is done. It houses the speaker, battery and Airwire board.

Cute lil bugger…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Wow! Nice bash and some great ideas. John, I think you even out did yourself on this one. Thanks for sharing and the extra photos.

Not sure how I missed this one, but great job John.

Dang how did I miss this one, excellent !!!