Large Scale Central

Just joined

Welcome to LSC Steve and welcome back to the hobby! Last time we saw you was at the Big Train Show in Ontario, CA. Chris Walas, John Corradini, Rod from England and me. Yolanda just had the baby.

Great bunch of folks here.

Thanks Vic! It’s good to be back even if all I’ve done lately is rebuilding some LGB from a collection that my cousin picked up and cleaning up the track from the old GRR!

David, Sorry to say the Pcentral doesn’t relate to the Penn Central. That handle dates back to the days we traveled around California with our O gauge modular layout featuring our Plasticville collection.

Hi Pete, we joke around here that you either have no idea where Visalia is or you have lived or have family in the area! We live and have lived for the last 20+ years just on the northern edge of Visalia in the country. Far enough out to have that country feel but close enough for a quick trip to the store if needed.

Steve

Thanks Gary, good to be back! Yes, it’s been a long time since that baby will be 10 next month and his sister will be 8 this year. Sure miss the old gang, don’t talk to them enough! Do you know what has become of John? Yolanda and I were just talking about him.

Steve

Steve Borges said:

Thanks Gary, good to be back! Yes, it’s been a long time since that baby will be 10 next month and his sister will be 8 this year. Sure miss the old gang, don’t talk to them enough! Do you know what has become of John? Yolanda and I were just talking about him.

Steve

John…meaning JJ? He’s still building his railroad empire in Arizona :). He’s been “retired” for a few years…

Your kids…10 and 8, where has the time gone???

Well Steve 10 years later and I’m still running that little Microlayout I brought for the MLS booth at that first Ontario show. Hopefully later this summer we can trade advice on building a new layout.

Sounds good Vic! I’ve seen some pictures of your micro layouts and wondered if you still had that pizza layout.

Steve

Welcome from the right coast and good to see you getting back. I must have just started here and in the hobby just as you were getting out.

Hi Steve,

Welcome Aboard! Always room for one more and new or different ideas.

Steve Borges said:

Sounds good Vic! I’ve seen some pictures of your micro layouts and wondered if you still had that pizza layout.

Steve

Still have it, in fact with all the ups and downs its been the only consistent thing for me hobby wise, been taking it to train shows thanks to Bob and Sandra Baxter of the Door Hollow Layout (remember them?) Its evolved a bit sit that first Ontario BTS.

Pizza 2006

Pizza 2017

Nice to see you on again Steve! As you know the BTS is no more, drat.

By the way, I have friends we visit often in Three Rivers, so I for sure know where Visalia is!

Welcome back!

Greg

Thanks Shawn! It’s probably been 7 or 8 years since I’ve been active online and that was over on MLS. I did run the GRR some after that and my live steam saw most of the action as I didn’t have to clean track!

Hi Ric! Haven’t talked to you in a long time. Thanks for the welcome!

Vic, Borracho Springs has changed alot! I love it and I can see Bob’s influence all over it! Great job!

Hi Greg! Thank you sir! I need to get away to Three Rivers sometime myself!

Steve