Large Scale Central

Info of New owners that took all parts and molds of Aristocraft

Double post…

Triple post lol

One would probably assume that when the USA heavyweight cars are released, the used Aristo cars would lose significant value…but if the new line is exceptionally successful (at the price point offered) there’s always the chance that a rising tide could lift all boats.

The other thing which Greg touches upon is that the cars are quite different. The USA cars are modeled after traditional heavyweight equipment, whereas the Aristo cars seem to be modeled more along the line of commuter equipment. As such, if you collect only the aristo coaches and combines, you can produce rather convincing commuter trains that would still look nice rolling beside the limited with all its sleepers and parlors.

I had them Rooster; HOWEVER, if anybody wants a nice HO Baggage Car collection contact Nico, he bought my old collection.

So Lou, early in the thread you said you hoped they (Kader) would make the Aristo baggage car, but your last post says you “had” them, i.e. the Aristo H/W’s.

Are you still looking for a baggage car, or do you no longer have the Aristo H/W’s?

Just curious in case I come across one.

Greg

I had HO. I have been unable to afford the HvyWt Baggage Car that comes up on ebay.

I would think you could find one in a “set” for sale, if you would have to buy a set of cars, although I guess I will find out when I put my set up for sale…

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

I would think you could find one in a “set” for sale, if you would have to buy a set of cars, although I guess I will find out when I put my set up for sale…

Greg

Has anyone been able to compare the Aristo H/W’s side by side to the USAT prototypes? I’m hoping the Aristo cars will blend into the consist without having to squint to hard… And there is this; Heavyweights were not all the same length, so the 29.75" (72’) Aristo cars compared to 33.5" (81’) USAT offerings should add some intrigue I was thinking. And being an SP fan, knowing cars lengths were all over the place its all good IMO.

Michael

I happened upon a train of heavyweights at a steam up this last weekend, and it is striking how different scale long-distance heavyweights look compared with Aristos.

I agree Pete, they look really different to me, to others not so much or at all.

Michael: I think the “blending” will be more driven by the height from the rails. I know the Aristo cars scale very well to the prototoypes used, but also Aristo has a history of increasing the ride height of virtually all their rolling stock (helps on tight curves).

So if you wanted to mix them, my guess is you might have to lower the Aristo, but we will see… yes, a side by side comparison is what we really need.

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

I agree Pete, they look really different to me, to others not so much or at all.

So whose cars are blended in ?

Pete Thornton said:

I happened upon a train of heavyweights at a steam up this last weekend, and it is striking how different scale long-distance heavyweights look compared with Aristos.

Same question to you as well Pete and who is the manufacturer and the cost of the cars that are blended in with the Aristo cars?

Pete Thornton said:

Pete,

You have to remember that Aristo’s heavyweights were modeled after the 72 ft commuter coaches of Lewis’ favorite New Jersey railroad. They are correct for 72 ft. Most other railroads heavyweights were 80 ft and more. Big difference.

According to the USA website the heavyweights are scheduled for November, for whatever that is worth. The add does have good photos. It does say the cars are 5 3/4" high. How does that compare to say a Aristo heavyweight? http://www.usatrains.com/heavyweights.html

Paul Burch said:

According to the USA website the heavyweights are scheduled for November, for whatever that is worth. The add does have good photos. It does say the cars are 5 3/4" high. How does that compare to say a Aristo heavyweight? http://www.usatrains.com/heavyweights.html

Do they give a year ??? (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

" Rooster " said:

Pete Thornton said:

Same question to you as well Pete and who is the manufacturer and the cost of the cars that are blended in with the Aristo cars?

Oops - sorry I didn’t clarify. Those weren’t either USAT or Aristo. They were 1/32nd custom models behind an Aster Jic Hudson.

I just thought they offered a good contrast to the Aristo “commuter” style.

Just placed my order for the 10 car Santa Fe set… will sell my Aristo’s

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Just placed my order for the 10 car Santa Fe set… anyone who wants my Aristo’s and can pick up in San Diego, let me know $175 each, I think I have 8 or 10 and I do have the baggage car (not selling separately)

Greg

This really isn’t in the proper section and should be in the for sale section with it’s own thread.

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)