Large Scale Central

Hope, After The Storm...

Well, back to the salt mine on Monday 10/21. Going to be interesting to see how this is going to work, they claim we have internet back up. Have a generator to power the house, now comes the effort to feed it, gonna consume about 10 gallons per day…

Insurance adjuster is scheduled to be at the house 10/24. That will get that process rolling.

Travel about is still difficult at best. Usually takes an hour to get into or out of town before I can travel the rest of the way to my daughters house. Normal trip is about 2.25 hrs, is now running 3.5-4 hours, not to mention the gas consumed on each round,

More later…Bob C.

Bob Cope said:

Insurance adjuster is scheduled to be at the house 10/24. That will get that process rolling.

Oh, that’s a thought, the ratio of number of insurance adjusters to number of locations needing inspection, and the timetable that ratio creates.

Bob Cope said:

Well, back to the salt mine on Monday 10/21. Going to be interesting to see how this is going to work, they claim we have internet back up. Have a generator to power the house, now comes the effort to feed it, gonna consume about 10 gallons per day…

Travel about is still difficult at best. Usually takes an hour to get into or out of town before I can travel the rest of the way to my daughters house. Normal trip is about 2.25 hrs, is now running 3.5-4 hours, not to mention the gas consumed on each round,

More later…Bob C.

Be sure they get up on your roof. We had damage from a tree 3 years ago that took out the front of our house. The adjuster would not get up on the rook to check it all. We ended up having to pay for damages that you couldn’t see from the ground from around our brick chimneys and the back of the house roof where there was damage that you couldn’t see from the ground.

You are a nice guy Steve… I would have thrown the adjuster up there and not let him down until he did his job! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Best of luck Bob!

Greg

RE roof inspection…get someone with a drone they have fitted with a video camera…view at leisure…and ding the insurance!(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

At least one roofing company in my area advertises that they use a drone for estimates

Drones are a great visual, but fall short when looking for ‘soft spots’. I want the adjuster ‘hands on’ or in this case ‘feet on’.

We got nailed (or unnailed) by a dust devil. We weren’t able to see the plywood sheets were lifted until we went up on the roof. A drone probably would not have seen it. You are right it needs a hands on inspection!

If it is found that there is more damage then the adjuster claims, especially if he wouldn’t go up on the roof, and the insurance co refuses to pay, this is why we have lawyers.