Large Scale Central

Foam Bridge Build

Nice work Jerry. The colors look great and will look nice on the layout. The date plate is a good idea. Just watch that Rooster doesn’t tag it.

Jerry Barnes said:

Did not stick all that well, so stapled it down. Might put lights on the ends.

First part brings up idea for another industry on layout, the “Brunel’s Bridgestaples” factory.
As for the lights, if I were me, I’d probably be klutzy.

Got the bridge in, LED lights under the arches even work. I like having it curved instead of straight like the other one.

The log cabin sits on the stump of the tree we had to remove. Old bridge had to be taken out and it didn’t survive the move, thankfully!

Bridge sits on foam that is attached to the wood supports, so should last till we move in a few years. Top has a layer of the rubber roof ice/dam stuff.

That turned out nice. BZ.

First run on that inner loop the bridge is on was my Stirling Single. It was a bit nasty about some of my track work in a few spots(not the bridge part). So sweated some repairing that. Then it chugged around real well.

I like it !

Looks dapper with a nice looking Stirling !

Looks like it belongs there, Jerry… Great Job…

Looks good Jerry!

That’s really neat looking. I love the coloring of the stone.

Looks great! I tried a foam bridge here once. Squirrels ate much of it after a couple months… Too bad, you can get some neat results for not much effort.

Great job, Jerry!

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. The previous foam one was eaten on by something, left real smooth holes, no teeth marks, someone said ants would do that. Might keep some Home Defense on it if I notice that coming back. No squirrels in my yard anymore.

The bridge looks great Jerry. I’m hoping to start the construction on something similar and attach it to my lattice that the track is mounted to. I really like the pictures of your layout.

Your bridge looks great Jerry. Probably a lot lighter than mine! How did you get rid of the squirrels?

That Stirling Single does look good.

If I had the pocket change available and a manufacturer to fulfill the fantasy, a Midland single would look good.

Hey, print this for a small sign to post on bridge,
“Attention all you blinkin vermin, the health department has determined that gnawing on Jerry’s bridge spans shortens your lifespans.”

Very cool Jerry. Loved the locomotive, love the bridge and the combination is priceless

Thanks guys. Dakath my .22 took care of the squirrels. My son lives in Chicago, he uses a air pistol on his.

Yeah, the squirrels here thought they could sharpen their teeth on it…and never discovered it didn’t work.

Neat Jerry… Did you have to seal it after it was done? I tried one long time ago and bugs eat some of it up. End up spraying with bug spray and reseal it in with bug spray inbeded in it… But… time it fell apart anyway.

Noel, it is just latex paint, some acrylics. Might hit it with some Home Defense or some bug spray, not sure if that what was eating the old one.