Large Scale Central

F scale modelers

tac Foley said:

For Max - if you have any Accucraft loco that has a ‘howler whistle’ instead of a burner, give Matt a call at Barley Pit Works for a one-for-one replacement for £35. Best £35 I ever sent on a live-steamer.

Thank you Tac. I keep hearing about these. I might give one a try. However, I’m not sure if I will know it is lit properly if I fit one.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Well I’m glad to see I’m not alone here, thanks for the replies. I also use the Pola and Piko buildings I judge the structure for suitability by the height of the door way 4" is about 6’ 8" in 20.3. Scale. I have a new indoor layout in planning stage right now and I have to rely on the seclective compression for buildings as full scale 20.3 would take up far too much room. I also use 1:18 scale vehicles along with some Hubbly 1:20 scale items. I’m switching to Code 250 brass rail because I purchased 10 Accucraft #6 turnouts at a very good price and I think the rail is more scale appropriate although I will be using one code 332 Wye in the mix unless I can find someone to trade for a 250. My locos are all Bachmann but they are either modified with additional detail or will be modified and are more freelance than true to prototype but mechanically accurate. I’ll be creating a layout based on a freelanced version of the EBT, freelanced because most of the Bachmann and AMS models are based on Western narrow gauge. I don’t know if any of you have seen the few independent modeler/manufacturers who are building F Scale Standard Gauge equipment running on 71mm gauge track but if I do go outside that’s what I’ll be running, I plan to incorporate a very small section of dual gauge track on my indoor layout as an interchange area.

Wow Joe, Sounds terrific, and right up my alley. Code 250 is pretty much spot on for the 85# rail the EBT used. I think you’ll be happy with that. I might also add that the AMS narrow gauge tie strips reflect very well the size and longer than normal NG tie length that the EBT used. You’ll see some discussion on that in the early part of my build thread. I too would like to have some 71mm gauge equipment once I start getting some Mount Union trackage in place. But that is a ways down the road for me. Really excited to see what you come up with. Keep us posted.

I believe Sundance Central, that incredible, Florida-based traveling modular layout is 1:20.3.

ABSOLUTELY all 1:20.3! And keep in mind … all FINESCALE … no Bachmann pizza cutter wheel flanges. I also believe they are either code 250 or 215 aluminum handlaid rail on hand cut ties. Visit their website here http://www.sundancecentral.org

I’ve known about them for some time, and I can only dream of being as good as these guys are. Everything finished, everything first-class. Friends to share and work with. Wow.