Large Scale Central

Consisting A/W?

I have the consist running, is there any way to reverse one unit? They are running the same way would like to run them back to back.

Don

Don,

There would be a couple ways. You could remove the trailing unit from the consist and reinput it. Be sure to push the reverse key before “ent”. Or just delete the consist and start over. If you only have two units it is probably easier to just delete the consist and start over. Again, don’t forget to push the reverse key before “ent” on the second unit (loco 2) in the consist.

Paul can’t you just go to editing scroll to the loc. you want to change and push the direction knob than enter?

Cheers richard

Richard,

I would have to try that, but I think it might just flip the consist instead of reversing the loco. Going to a train show this morning but I might play with it later to see what happens. http://wghshow.com/

Won’t flipping the consist just make both run backwards?

Changing the direction of one loco is as Richard (and the manual!) states.

Greg

Greg,

Where in the manual do you see it? I have a T5000 in front of me playing with it. It would appear to just flip the consist leaving both locos in the same orientation as before. The only way it works is to delete the loco and then reinput it with the correct direction. Maybe we are just getting in the weeds with this.

Thanks Paul you verified what i found also. Bottom line it will not work that way. The only other way I can thank of and it’s what i do is change the motor CV.

cheers Richard

Richard,

I don’t like changing CV29 because if you delete the consist at some point, you would need to remember to change CV29 back. I just did a couple tests with a two unit consist. I went into the consist edit mode, removed the second loco from the consist, then re-input it with it set to the opposite direction. It took only 12 seconds. Second test. I deleted the consist and rebuilt it. That took 20 seconds. Either way, the time to correct, add, or delete a loco from a consist is minimal.

I hear you Paul all good points. The locs. that I have changed CV29 on, never come out of that configuration.

cheers Richrad

Hmm…

manual is at: http://www.cvpusa.com/doc_center/r2_Airwire_T5000_User_Guide.pdf

page 13:

Step 3: Enter the 2nd loco address. If the loco is backwards, relative to the lead unit, change its direction by pushing on the speed knob. Unless changed, forward direction is assumed. Once the number and the direction are entered, push #.

Under consist editing on page 14, it does not specifically say you can change the direction when adding or editing a loco, but it’s worth a try. It will probably at least work when adding a loco to a consist.

There is no apparent reason to me to permanently change the direction of a loco with CV 29. (and there should not be in a well designed system)

Greg