Large Scale Central

Brass opportunity

I dont have an ace nearby :frowning: but there is a hobbytown. Problem is, they will mark the stuff as “limited edition” and double the price.

Hobytown, yea there is one of those in Pittsburgh. I seldom shop there. I did get some floquil paint there when I read that floquil is no longer being made. But the Hobytown here doesn’t carry Large scale trains. They did have some brass LGB track, but I am not even sure if they still carry that.

Thanks Randy!

Well, I hope I’m not the only one, but maybe this is something where you need to talk to a manager/owner to get them to cooperate?

Anyway, here’s one of the 3 racks at my local DoItBest hardware store.

Gee, I hope this isn’t the beginning of the end of another hobby company.

I went to our Ace hardware store they looked at me with that deer in the headlight stare when I asked if they carried K & S brass …

Odds are they carry it, but are unaware because you haven’t asked them before. I’ve bought from stores where I was greeted with equal ignorance. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

John

Yeah, K&S probably means nothing (even though it is the brand name)… brass tubing will probably make it.

Greg

Or you could just wander around a bit and see if you find it.

Alas, 'tis not all Ace Hardware, apparently. The one I stopped in today had no such sale going on. I asked, the guy said “not here.”

Later,

K

Kevin, the one I went to wasn’t having a sale. But I look at it that I had better get it while I can. Thats why I have a decent stash of stuff to work with. I hate discovering, during a late night work session, that I can’t go any further, because I need a such and such from a store that has already closed for the night. Knowing that the brass will not be available in the future, spurs me to get what I know I will kneed, and as much as I can get.

I am lucky I have a fantastic metals supplier that will sell me six inches or six hundred feet of what ever I want. Metals plastics you name it. Not the most convenient maybe but excellent supply. For those in my area check out alcobra metals.

David Maynard said:

Kevin, the one I went to wasn’t having a sale. But I look at it that I had better get it while I can. Thats why I have a decent stash of stuff to work with. I hate discovering, during a late night work session, that I can’t go any further, because I need a such and such from a store that has already closed for the night. Knowing that the brass will not be available in the future, spurs me to get what I know I will kneed, and as much as I can get.

David, K &S Metals will continue to be available, just not in boxes. They will be on cards.

Steve yes, on cards. So short lengths. Longer lengths work better for some of my projects.

David Maynard said:

It’s kind of dangerous having a Lowe’s that close to home.

Brother, you got that right (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)