Large Scale Central

BN 8th Sub (Issaquah Branch) Track Plan

I should have went back to the napkin drawing on the first page!

Like this drawing?

Yeah!!!
Let’s talk about your drafting skills, always letter so it can be read from one view, turning the computer on its side is difficult!:joy:
Of course I couldn’t really guess where this picture was taken,

Picture was taken outside… :joy:

Far right corner of drawing where it says “Sammamish Slough crossing”.

You know it’s easy to rotate a piece of paper. Oh wait it’s a picture/scan. One of these days, I’ll go into Flickr and rotate the photo.

Here you go Pete. Now you can turn your computer upside down to read! Much easier now, right?
LDE #1 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr

I am going to make a major/minor change on LDE #2. Instead of having a step over by the fence and run the layout next to the house, I’m going to create a walkway between the house and the layout. This will allow one less step over/duckunder. And it will make access to the backyard for the septic guys easier as well.
LDE #2 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr

Better but turning one part still make a different part upside down, 2 years of Drafting in high school gave me good penmanship and useful tips I can irritate other people with!:joy::joy:

You’re free to make a correct drawing. I’ll even provide some elevation measurements so you can create a proper topographic side profile. And while you’re at it, you can map the septic lines, fence line…

1 Like

I will work on it and whip something up for you🤪

This is why I use the free program anyrail for designing my layouts. lol So people Like Pete will leave me alone.

And then how do we goad you into Devoning?

I come by that naturally. No goading necessary

The bridge is done for now. I was going to try and install it on the layout yesterday during a brief dry day but instead I got to play family nurse as my entire family (except me) got a 24-36 flu bug. Then on top of that I was errand boy for my parents who are sick with Covid. Why couldn’t they all get sick today when we have between 3/4-1" of rain forecasted to fall?

And and Fred, no guardrails or walkway per the prototype. Sorry to disappoint.

For all you east coast folks I now understand you’re love for PVC boards. This stuff is interesting to play with. Too bad we west coast folks have a unbelievable amount of cedar to push PVC out of the stores. If I could ever locate a cheap supply of a 4x8 sheet of this stuff, I’d consider using it for all my structures.

3 Likes

Very, very nice, Craig. That is going to look great on the layout. Can’t wait to see it installed.

Hope the family gets to feeling better soon. We are getting some of that liquid sunshine here today. We have probably gotten over an inch since about 8:30 this morning and still coming down.

Oh yah liquid sunshine is the best… :laughing::thinking:

I gave myself an informal deadline of getting the railroad all working again before the end of the year. I’m looking at the extended forecast for semi dry days and hoping that it’s enough to get the benchwork fixed .

Impressive friend. I’ll come by this coming summer to measure it and the prototype for accuracy :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice will look good. Glad to see so much progress since the last time I was there

If I bribe you with enough creampuffs and other goodies you won’t care about anything else… :joy: We just paid our babysitter in creampuffs last time she came to watch the youngest.

1 Like

Thats a powerful bargaining chip

Forgotten about posting some updates here. Layout building has been put on hold for a while due to budget constraints. :cry: But that said, it’s forcing a backlog of projects to start to get worked on.

1. Slowly building out my massive feed mill.
    This involves a lot of empty pop can collecting and then crimping.
    IMG_20220325_182545084 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr
    IMG_20220501_173422737 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr
  2. Slowly redesigning a scale coupler draft gear for fleet changeover to Kadee #1. Got my 3d printer finally set up and printing some basic test pieces.
    IMG_20220418_155226623 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr
  3. Finalizing some ESU Loksound decoder settings for slow sleep running.
1 Like

Here’s some more photos of the unloading shed silos and the boiler house. The silos are 6" PVC pipe that I then covered with some strip styrene to make a similar look to the prototype. And no I didn’t add the thousands of rivets. I had on hand some Plastruct ladders. I figured that it would be logical to need silo roof access so a ladder and a walkway made from a USAT roof walk was put into place.
IMG_20220325_182538084 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr
IMG_20220325_182530244 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr

IMG_20220325_182404967 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr

The boiler house is a small cinder block building that I just used 1/8" styrene for and painted it concrete colors.

Nothing is permanently planted yet ( nor is the depot from the MIK build) as I’m waiting until I get the whole complex done so I can find tune the locations.

I’m currently working on covering the unloading shed elevator leg with cans and building out the unloading shed.
IMG_20220330_172311873 by Craig Townsend, on Flickr

1 Like

Awesome work as always, Craig!