Large Scale Central

Battery for Bachmann C-19

I still don’t understand why anyone would want to light up a ditch. Ditches are places where empty pop bottles, beer cans, newspapers and other assorted debris collect.

I installed the Airwire Drop-In and Phoenix P8 in my C-19. I’m very impressed with the ease of installation. Bachmann got it right with the drop-in technology. The entire installation took just 2 1/2 hours and included swapping in a new speaker and cutting down the plates to make room for the battery. It took longer to charge the battery than install the system. Everything checked out when powered up and I was running immediately.

Next up is customizing some of the performance and sound characteristics.

I hope the R/C companies and the locomotive manufacturers will continue to coordinate development. If they can keep the prices reasonable, I think the drop-in techonology will be a boost to the hobby.

Keep the value of CV 64 in 4 to 6 range and she will run perfect. Make sure to puts hours of run time on rollers or full out on your railroad. The more the motor breaks in the better it works in “cruise control”.

on Watson said:
David, let me say this. My layout is mostly in the sun. Temps can get so high that I can’t touch the track. I’m sure the temp inside the tender can be over 100 deg. I’ve never noticed any effect on the performance of the electronics. I seem to recall that the fan may only be essential if you are running DCC. Those units must put out more heat. Doc

Hi Doc… FYI

I was running a QSI decoder in an enclosed shell of an FA-1 in the full sun of Dewey, AZ one afternoon, when it shut down and announced that it was 87 degrees C. 87 degrees Celsius converts to 188.6 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s right warm, it is… (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

That is damn warm Stan. No wonder things shut down. I guess if I were smart I’d leave a fan in. But then again.

Don