Large Scale Central

Aristo Heavyweight Diner Trucks

" Rooster " said:

Pete Thornton said:

Unusual to see a steam plume in Florida. It was a very dry atmosphere.

Did we go from diner trucks to unusual steam plumes videos as I know you guys prefer to stay on topic ?

Just a Friday Digression. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Here’s what happens when you don’t check the coupler with a height gauge before heading out to the track:

Pete,
That picture shows a pretty bad coupler attitude - looks severely bent or broken!

Ultimately, I installed body mount Kadee centerset type couplers on the Aristo Heavyweight cars (with much closer coupling distances) which operate down to 8 foot diameter track.

All cars have 3 axle trucks that were remounted with varying methods of washer placement at pivoting areas that provide a minimal space between the truck and body for less friction there between.

The following “vignettes” hosted for me by Greg E. on his Web site may be of interest (The first two show truck mount couplers before I went to body mount Kadees):

Aristo-Craft Heavyweight Passenger car 3 axle truck types, at below link:

https://elmassian.com/index.php/large-scale-train-main-page/ted-vignettes/ted-vignettes-p3/aristo-hw-pass-3-axle-trucks

Napa Valley Wine Train Heavyweight cars changed from 2 axle to 3 axle trucks

Aristo Heavyweight Passenger Car & Body Mount Kadee 907s

-Ted

Nice job on the couplers on your coaches, Ted.

That picture shows a pretty bad coupler attitude - looks severely bent or broken!

I think it just got pulled out of line by the bolt I put in. Just did it in a hurry and didn’t check it. A quick 1/2 hr with the saw and stuff resulted in a height/coupler gauge:

I seem to have about 5 pairs of Accucraft 1/29th body-mount couplers. If I get any more problems, I will install them.

And to follow up on what Rooster thought was a loose toilet . . .

The coach had something rattling around inside, and yes, it was the toilet bowl. Guess I’ll have to take this roof off.

P.S. I noted the combine had holes in the floor for reaching the screws in the vestibule roof. None of the others do. And the combine trucks have black wheels so I didn’t need to paint them. Maybe it’s a later version ?